Splatoon: Nintendo's Battlefield/CoD

Rider

Destroyer of Borst's Mom
Lastplace and I are getting this. Who else?

I am bummed that there will be no voice chat. Lastplace and I usually do a PS4 party when we play the Wii U anyways.

Gameplay
Splatoon is primarily a team-based third-person shooter which is playable by up to eight players in online four-versus-four matches, although the game also features a single-player campaign. Players control characters called Inklings, who have the ability to change between human and squid forms. In human form, Inklings can shoot colored ink across the game environment, with the player's goal being to cover the most territory in their team's color before the match ends. Transforming into a squid allows players to swim through ink of their own color, even up walls and through grates, hiding from the enemy and replenishing their ink supply in the process. Conversely, enemy ink is much slower to move across in human form. Players can use their ink to try and "splatter" their opponents, which will send them back to their team's respawn point whilst also providing a large splat of ink.

Two online multiplayer modes have been announced: Turf War, in which two teams attempt to cover more of the arena in their own color of ink before time expires, and Splat Zones, a king of the hill-style mode where the teams try to control a designated area by keeping it covered in ink for a certain period of time. In both online modes, players can use the Wii U GamePad to view a map of the surroundings and instantly launch towards the location of another teammate, as well as use optional gyroscopic controls to assist with aiming. Players go into battle wielding a primary weapon, such as a mid-range gun, a sniper rifle, a giant paintbrush, or a giant paint roller; a secondary weapon, such as an ink grenade, an ink curtain, or an ink sprinkler; and a temporary special weapon (including a shield, an ink tornado launcher, and a rocket that drops an ink deluge from the sky) that can only be used after covering enough ground in ink. In addition, players can customize their character's movement speed and other statistics with different in-game outfits.

In the local multiplayer mode, two players compete to pop the most balloons. One player uses the television while the other uses the Gamepad's screen.

In the single-player campaign mode, the player character must reach the end of each level while platforming, solving puzzles, and battling several types of enemies. While the online modes focus on simply painting the ground, the campaign mode focuses on using the ink to move forward. The game will also support Splatoon series amiibo, which unlock special missions that give the player extra equipment when completed.

Videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8L54s2m1dPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdpi2zpP-lI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PE6Gt3jqHY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7XEACUIm60

I picked this up this weekend for 30. Fun game.

My issue is I can't use it on my regular gaming TV due to Internet connect issues.

Hard to play while in bed

Anyone else playing this?

Fallout is coming!

I picked this up this weekend for 30. Fun game.

My issue is I can't use it on my regular gaming TV due to Internet connect issues.

Hard to play while in bed

Anyone else playing this?

Fallout is coming!

Connection issues with what?

lastplace and I play it a few times a month. Its ridiculously fun

Played this with lastplace last night

They have added a ton of stuff over the past few weeks. New game modes, maps, guns, etc

Some of the biggest updates is you can host a private match with friends. And you can squad up with another friend so you guys stay on the same team after each game.

They just keep making this game insanely awesome and its like $30 now

Guys. What control scheme do you use.

I can't get the hang of it.

Fallout is coming!

Free content/unlocks are still coming out for this.

Right now--aside from the no party chat thing...this game is a must play if you like to have fun.

Back
Top Bottom