SlOW START UP IN NEWISH COMPUTER

I have been real busy doing more to my laptop than the law allows. Here's a real good example of what happens in just a week.
1> I have installed the programming software for my models flight computers and speed controllers. They're not big but resource intensive.
2> Run MS office Excel and Word to do office work.
3> On line a lot for myself and work. IE10
4> Installed a WD cloud mirror on my network and installed all the access and maintenance software.
5> Moved more movies from disc to HD.

I had a major slow down yesterday so this morning I ran all my maintenance programs and this is how it came out.
Find Junk Files found 3489 junk files.
CCleaner found 294MB of web junk.
Auslogics Reg Cleaner found 58 errors.
CCleaner Reg Cleaner found 14 more.
MalWareBytes found nothing.
ComboFix found 1 file which turned out to be an App installer for the NAS from WD. Not a false hit as sometimes programmers uses files that have scanners like CombFix erring on the side of caution. Scan took 6 mins.
Defrag and Optimize just the C: partition took a while as I recently added some anime series that have a lot of episodes. From start to finish took 1:35:16.

And well worth every minute invested. My baby's running like the thoroughbred horse that she is. You really should run maint programs at least once a week. A sluggish computer 90% of the times can be traced back to not running routine maintenance programs.
It's not always a hardware problem.
I could not agree more. Hell, you can take it one step further and automate the maintenance. Most programs will do that anyway, but any macro program (or scripting language) will do it all the same.

I have been real busy doing more to my laptop than the law allows. Here's a real good example of what happens in just a week.
1> I have installed the programming software for my models flight computers and speed controllers. They're not big but resource intensive.
4> Installed a WD cloud mirror on my network and installed all the access and maintenance software.

I had a major slow down yesterday so this morning I ran all my maintenance programs and this is how it came out.
ComboFix found 1 file which turned out to be an App installer for the NAS from WD. Not a false hit as sometimes programmers uses files that have scanners like CombFix erring on the side of caution. Scan took 6 mins.
Defrag and Optimize just the C: partition took a while as I recently added some anime series that have a lot of episodes. From start to finish took 1:35:16.

And well worth every minute invested. My baby's running like the thoroughbred horse that she is. You really should run maint programs at least once a week. A sluggish computer 90% of the times can be traced back to not running routine maintenance programs.

True but I run maintenance. CCleaner is run frequently for example and I do Windows maintenance. The slow start up is not due to accumulation of junk files I believe.

I also find MalwareBytes never finds anything nor does any Norton product.

I've got the premium version of Malwarebytes and it does a pretty good job of picking things up. I only got it cause G2A had a cheap licence and I thought why not..

Back
Top Bottom