ComboFix Replacement

PC_Cone

Beta member
Hi All,

I am using Windows 7 professional and I've tried to download the ComboFix for windows 7. It tried to run and I get a message stating the ComboFix has expired.
Is there a version of ComboFix would work for Windows 7 Pro or is there a similar tool that I can use to scan and remove all adware and spyware on my PC?

I was browsing the job site the other day and I got a pop-up message that said my PC was attached by Trojan virus and please call MS Support Team. I couldn't stop the pop-up message and there was an audio coming out of the speakers saying do not shut down your computer and call Microsoft Support Team.

I scanned my PC with Malwarebytes Free version and it did not find anything. My PC is also running Norton 360. I scanned my PC with it and didn't find anything either.

Hi All,

I am using Windows 7 professional and I've tried to download the ComboFix for windows 7. It tried to run and I get a message stating the ComboFix has expired.
Is there a version of ComboFix would work for Windows 7 Pro or is there a similar tool that I can use to scan and remove all adware and spyware on my PC?

I was browsing the job site the other day and I got a pop-up message that said my PC was attached by Trojan virus and please call MS Support Team. I couldn't stop the pop-up message and there was an audio coming out of the speakers saying do not shut down your computer and call Microsoft Support Team.

I scanned my PC with Malwarebytes Free version and it did not find anything. My PC is also running Norton 360. I scanned my PC with it and didn't find anything either.
You need to run a pre boot scan with Malwarebytes.
You also need to install Ublock Origin extension on your browser to prevent popups and malware infested ads.

I did a quick Google search. It doesn't seem Malwarebytes has that pre boot scanning feature. I have the free version anyway. Maybe the premium version has that feature?

Back
Top Bottom