Restoring Chrome OS on CR-48

CommanderLiamTHX

In Runtime
Hey, I got a CR-48 off of eBay with Windows 7 preinstalled. However, the touchpad drivers don't work well on Windows, it's more prone to viruses, and it takes up most of the SSD. Is there an way to restore everything back to Chrome OS?

Looks like some legit instructions, thanks! I'll just see if they work when I get home, because I'm traveling at the moment and all I have is my Chromebook, no other PC to use.

Looks like some legit instructions, thanks! I'll just see if they work when I get home, because I'm traveling at the moment and all I have is my Chromebook, no other PC to use.

Good luck. Seems like they should work for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

I tried following the instructions, but in Part 1, I put a pin in the reset button and it booted up normally, so I couldn't get a model number. Is there any other way to get a model number?

I booted from the flash drive, but the screen said that my PC wasn't a Chrome OS device, and says "An unexpected error has occurred. Please refer to this URL for troubleshooting tips." Are there other ways to boot off a drive?

I've never used a Chromebook before, so the only help I can provide is from other links since I don't have any experience with one. What is the URL it gives?

Back
Top Bottom