Random Chit Chat

Hey, it's me lol, Haven't been around for a while but just figured I'd drop in and say hi, seems like we have basically the same member base as when I was here, I might be around a little more then never now but we will see.

Hey, it's me lol, Haven't been around for a while but just figured I'd drop in and say hi, seems like we have basically the same member base as when I was here, I might be around a little more then never now but we will see.
Ha! I was just looking at your profile earlier, wondering where you've been. Great to see you again. We have a few fresh faces around, but mainly the old hands are still haunting the halls.
Also anyone know if this forum has a google play app?
Not that I know of. We did once upon a time but that was a very long time ago. There's an app that works well enough with the site but I'm not sure which one as I never used it.

Yeah, I just stopped really screwing around with computers, I have no idea when the last time I was even on was. I looked on the google play store and couldn't find anything but I was pretty sure I remebered someone saying something about it.
Anyway cool to be back, I see joe and pp are still hanging around seems like this place is just about as slow as I left it though :)

EDIT: Just checked, my last post was Nov. 2021. It's been a long time

Yeah, I just stopped really screwing around with computers, I have no idea when the last time I was even on was. I looked on the google play store and couldn't find anything but I was pretty sure I remebered someone saying something about it.
Anyway cool to be back, I see joe and pp are still hanging around seems like this place is just about as slow as I left it though :)

EDIT: Just checked, my last post was Nov. 2021. It's been a long time
Yea just the usual dudes, except a LOT more spam than usual lately.

Well passed my Azure Solutions Architect Expert exam, so managed to nail two Expert certifications in a single month.

But holy damn it was a tough exam. Just completely exhausting. Every question was long and arduous and it felt like they threw a curveball in every question to make your life difficult. Like instead of "You're migrating 10 on premise SQL Databases to Azure, which solution should you reccomend that minimizes cost and eases administration effort", to which you would answer "Azure SQL Database with Elastic Pools"... they would instead ask something like "You're migrating 10 on premise SQL Databases to Azure, the solution must support 8GB of memory for OLTP and the logs must be directed to a solution that minimizes costs while maintaing instant read access, which solutions should you reccomend". So it was never simple. And I get it, the exam is for Solutions Architect, so it makes sense. But I didn't feel like any of the study material I went through actually prepared me for the complexity of questions I had, so it was a bit of a surprise.

Also, my case study at the end is going to give me nightmares for atleast a decade. A company that uses AD DS with multiple domains, multiple forests, with multiple offices, in multiple global regions.. they needed to migrate some workloads to Azure, each had different requirements, some needed to use Azure AD auth and some needed to stay on premise, some needed failover, some needed global access, some needed access only from some offices while keeping it offline from a diff office. All the offices were linked via ExpressRoute Global Reach and that kind of thing. And the questions were like "How many Azure AD tenants and how many Conditional Access Policies are required to satisfy the technical requirements?", "Which type of Azure AD DS authentication integration would best suit Office A for accessing Tenant B from AD Hybrid devices" bruh. I wanted to jump out of a window.

Well passed my Azure Solutions Architect Expert exam, so managed to nail two Expert certifications in a single month.

But holy damn it was a tough exam. Just completely exhausting. Every question was long and arduous and it felt like they threw a curveball in every question to make your life difficult. Like instead of "You're migrating 10 on premise SQL Databases to Azure, which solution should you reccomend that minimizes cost and eases administration effort", to which you would answer "Azure SQL Database with Elastic Pools"... they would instead ask something like "You're migrating 10 on premise SQL Databases to Azure, the solution must support 8GB of memory for OLTP and the logs must be directed to a solution that minimizes costs while maintaing instant read access, which solutions should you reccomend". So it was never simple. And I get it, the exam is for Solutions Architect, so it makes sense. But I didn't feel like any of the study material I went through actually prepared me for the complexity of questions I had, so it was a bit of a surprise.

Also, my case study at the end is going to give me nightmares for atleast a decade. A company that uses AD DS with multiple domains, multiple forests, with multiple offices, in multiple global regions.. they needed to migrate some workloads to Azure, each had different requirements, some needed to use Azure AD auth and some needed to stay on premise, some needed failover, some needed global access, some needed access only from some offices while keeping it offline from a diff office. All the offices were linked via ExpressRoute Global Reach and that kind of thing. And the questions were like "How many Azure AD tenants and how many Conditional Access Policies are required to satisfy the technical requirements?", "Which type of Azure AD DS authentication integration would best suit Office A for accessing Tenant B from AD Hybrid devices" bruh. I wanted to jump out of a window.
At least those seem to make sense. When I did the Sec+ I missed some questions because the answers were straight up wrong.

At least those seem to make sense. When I did the Sec+ I missed some questions because the answers were straight up wrong.

They make sense, just tougher than I was expecting I guess. The Microsoft Learn practice assessments for the exam are absolutely no way close in difficulty to the real thing, lol.

Never done Sec+ but may consider some of the security focused Azure certs at some point.

They make sense, just tougher than I was expecting I guess. The Microsoft Learn practice assessments for the exam are absolutely no way close in difficulty to the real thing, lol.

Never done Sec+ but may consider some of the security focused Azure certs at some point.
I only had to do it because of Lockheed. The questions were the most obscene abstract crap ever that made no sense.

Back
Top Bottom