Random Chit Chat

What company sales a color printer that can use card stock which is thicker than photo paper? I need to be able to print out some card stock for a building on my layout. I have a Epson xl-400 right now which is getting tired and actually old. I have used it for like 5-6 years now. It won't take papers much thicker than photo paper. On the blueprints themselves plain white is ok, but when it comes to some of the areas that are hard to get into card stock is better. Now over the years i have had lexmark.. junk . HP, junk, never had a canon or Brother. Don't know about any other printer brands. I have over the years had 3 Epsons and they were super. I think mine right now is just getting old and can't handle the thicker paper anymore. Any other ideas as to what my needs are? I do a lot of printing for my layout and i also do photo labels and pictures too. If no other ideas, i will do another Epson. Not so much worried about price as i am on quality. I really need something that don't leave streaks or weird lines in the photos. Anything i needed to print on card stock needs to have a sharp image. Not worried about the ink usage.
You can consider the Munbyn branded Label and Wireless Printed in a cheaper prices and with outstanding quality.

I posted this on my FB 5 years ago:
I had a fun trip the other day; I was leaving my room and I tripped on a box I left on the floor.

I also would give a good tip to a good waiter; I'd advise them to sleep as early as possible.

Moral:
English words aren't always what they seem.
Had more free time back then to come up with something as silly as that.

So work kind of dropped a mini bomb shell on me and said my job role is changing, seemed like more of a "this is happening" rather than "are you interested in", which could end up sucking if I don't like it. Basically they're moving me off Azure support into Azure consulting and project work for customers. So we'll see how that works out.

Got my latest exam passed today, "AZ-400 Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions", which along with the AZ-104 I got last year gives me the DevOps Engineer Expert qualification. The exam was pretty tough and I definitely do not feel anywhere near skilled enough to go around telling people i'm an expert at DevOps, lol - but the certification is nice atleast.

So work kind of dropped a mini bomb shell on me and said my job role is changing, seemed like more of a "this is happening" rather than "are you interested in", which could end up sucking if I don't like it. Basically they're moving me off Azure support into Azure consulting and project work for customers. So we'll see how that works out.

Got my latest exam passed today, "AZ-400 Designing and Implementing Microsoft DevOps Solutions", which along with the AZ-104 I got last year gives me the DevOps Engineer Expert qualification. The exam was pretty tough and I definitely do not feel anywhere near skilled enough to go around telling people i'm an expert at DevOps, lol - but the certification is nice atleast.
Sounds to me like they're upgrading you to consultation and high level support. Wonder if they'll pay bump you too.

I was already underpaid against market rate for my DevOps Engineer role, if they think they can make me do consulting with no pay rise then they are in for a surprise. *hands in 2 weeks*. I sent them a long email with a load of concerns and a huge spreadsheet of data proving how underpaid I am. So far they said thanks for the email and nothing else, so still waiting for proper feedback. I think there is probably a 75% chance I dont like their response and will be quitting tbh.

I was already underpaid against market rate for my DevOps Engineer role, if they think they can make me do consulting with no pay rise then they are in for a surprise. *hands in 2 weeks*. I sent them a long email with a load of concerns and a huge spreadsheet of data proving how underpaid I am. So far they said thanks for the email and nothing else, so still waiting for proper feedback. I think there is probably a 75% chance I dont like their response and will be quitting tbh.
Sounds to me like they are treating you like my wife's job did to her. She was fortunate to be working for a smaller company so when she left it made a huge impact and everything went to shit. She was having a casual convo with the #2 of the company back in January and he practically begged her to setup a meeting with them. She took the meeting and him and the CEO practically begged her to come back. Before they made every excuse in the book to keep her underpaid, then suddenly 7 months later they can offer her almost what she was asking for to be a full blown practice manager. Except she's a basic clinic supervisor now. She had all kinds of demands and they rolled with it. The unfortunate thing is, I already knew the company didn't change at all and she's been overworked and definitely not taking advantage of the unique situation she is in. Due to her over zealous work ethic she's trying to put out all the fires all at once which is taking a toll on her like it did the first 3 years she was there. Which is exactly what they wanted her for, she just doesn't see it.
The irony of it all is during their last management meeting they were talking about slowly getting away from their MSP so the CEO's husband has been slowly taking over IT duties. The same dude who waited like 7 years to even start documenting assets :ROFLMAO: which was just an Open Office spreadsheet. My wife heard one of the new managers say her husband is in IT and could help and my wife rolled her eyes laughing. Because we've had several talks with them about me taking over cause her husband is honestly just an idiot who used to work telecom for AT&T. They hate me so they kept making excuses even though I created a managed package for them no business owner in their right mind could avoid.

Anywho, if they ignore it and don't offer to pay fairly I'd start looking at other options early.

Sounds to me like they are treating you like my wife's job did to her. She was fortunate to be working for a smaller company so when she left it made a huge impact and everything went to shit. She was having a casual convo with the #2 of the company back in January and he practically begged her to setup a meeting with them. She took the meeting and him and the CEO practically begged her to come back. Before they made every excuse in the book to keep her underpaid, then suddenly 7 months later they can offer her almost what she was asking for to be a full blown practice manager. Except she's a basic clinic supervisor now. She had all kinds of demands and they rolled with it. The unfortunate thing is, I already knew the company didn't change at all and she's been overworked and definitely not taking advantage of the unique situation she is in. Due to her over zealous work ethic she's trying to put out all the fires all at once which is taking a toll on her like it did the first 3 years she was there. Which is exactly what they wanted her for, she just doesn't see it.
The irony of it all is during their last management meeting they were talking about slowly getting away from their MSP so the CEO's husband has been slowly taking over IT duties. The same dude who waited like 7 years to even start documenting assets :ROFLMAO: which was just an Open Office spreadsheet. My wife heard one of the new managers say her husband is in IT and could help and my wife rolled her eyes laughing. Because we've had several talks with them about me taking over cause her husband is honestly just an idiot who used to work telecom for AT&T. They hate me so they kept making excuses even though I created a managed package for them no business owner in their right mind could avoid.

Anywho, if they ignore it and don't offer to pay fairly I'd start looking at other options early.

Yeah unfortunately a common situation. Companies want loyalty but if you dare ask for that to work both ways by them paying you market rate, they have all sorts of excuses. Why would you be loyal if you are not even paid the industry average ? Im not even asking for an above average salary or to be paid like a rockstar. Just give me what I know I could get elsewhere pretty easily.

Yeah unfortunately a common situation. Companies want loyalty but if you dare ask for that to work both ways by them paying you market rate, they have all sorts of excuses. Why would you be loyal if you are not even paid the industry average ? Im not even asking for an above average salary or to be paid like a rockstar. Just give me what I know I could get elsewhere pretty easily.
Every place is this way and then goes straight surprised Pikachu when people leave. Businesses are completely out of touch with the modern workforce. I like how they coined the term "quiet quitting". Nobody is quiet quitting, we just know we won't get any raise and will continue to get treated like shit. Easier to simply put in a notice and move on to get a fair wage than to deal with management.

Side topic, I hate it when friends in lower wage areas get annoyed when you talk pay or how you're treated. My friends used to groan and moan anytime I'd complain about Lockheed while they were going on tangents over their own jobs. One time I was straight up told I need to stop complaining because I get paid more. Like excuse me, what? Simply because I make an average salary in my profession I'm now not allowed to complain about workplace issues? It's not my fault I sought a profession instead of being ok with working at Walmart all my life.

I waited so I could make sure that it is really happening, and the announcement was made on Twitter today.

I am one of three that has won Xidax's Company of Heroes 3 PC giveaway.

XidaxPC.jpg

CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 7900X 12C/24T 5.6GHZ

Motherboard: MSI Pro Carbon WIFI X670e

GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX

RAM: G.SKILL TRIDENT Z5 RGB DDR5 6000MHz 16GB - Memory Size : 32GB (16x2)

STORAGE: WD_BLACK SN850X M.2 - Storage Size : 2 TB

CUSTOM COMPANY OF HEROES 3 WRAP, CUSTOM LED’s, SLEEVING, RGB FANS

Yeah, I'm still in shock over it.

Back
Top Bottom