Potentially the longest thread in history...

The funny thing is, 98se and XP were made to be rather stable but the underground patching projects weren't really well known until after 2010 when retro became "cool". 98se in particular has a lot of things done to make it very nice to run old games. The guy doing XP Integral has gone so far that I can install it off a flash drive directly to my current system with NVMe, USB3, everything and even run a modern version of a Firefox fork. That includes all 32GB of RAM but I'd be limited to a Titan X Maxwell and I'd need to source an Audigy RX for sound (which is a modern card with official XP drivers for EAX). I have the latest version installed on a Q9550 overclocked with 8GB of DDR2, a PCI-E SSD, and one of my TItan X cards and it's really snappy with 0 crashes. It's honestly an awesome experience, and there's a project out there for Vista too.
I went from 98 to 98 SE to W2K Pro. I had a hard time going from W2K to XP because I still like W2k Pro. I put it on an old laptop and gave it to my neighbor because the software for her sewing machine runs great with it! I think W2K Pro was one of the better O.S.'s out there even for today to run old software. Are there any underground patches out there for W2K Pro?

Trying to to get in the right frame of mind to get a bunch of industry certifications as I really want to acquire them. I'm using Azure and DevOps stuff day in, day out atm, so may as well get qualified in them formally. But I have a real problem starting things that I know are effort. I guess you could say I have commitment issues when it comes to studying.

My plan is to do the AZ-104 Azure Administrator, then AZ-305 Solutions Architect Expert, and also get the Hashicorp Terraform Associate qualification. The last one is not too hard apparently. But I find it hard to push myself into a situation that I know is going to require dozens of hours of studying...

On the subject of Terraform, anyone here used it ? So far I am not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand it is syntactically easier to read than ARM templates, the 'terraform plan' command is nice as it gives you real clear output of whats going to happen. On the other hand, I am no big fan of the tfstate file situation. With ARM you don't save the state anywhere, it just updates with any changes to the ARM template and does nothing if it hasn't changed, easier and one less thing to go wrong.

since its February i had a thought
when i was in school i always hated February because it was black history month
not that i am racist or anything but i HATED hearing the same stuff over and over again year after year

im sorry but there was alot of other things i would of liked to learn about instead of having to hear the martin luther king jr speech about 9 years in a row
I understand how you feel. I am totally unbiased myelf and have a few friends who are black and I love them just as much as my white friends. However, I think they took black lives too far. Its all about them on a persistant basis as though they are superiour to us. Why do the blacks get offended when you attempt to say all lives matter? I believe they are misinterpreting our intentions. Martin Luther stated "All man are created equal." That means we should all be treated with equal respect. Whites have feelings as well. Its not fair to provide special treatment over the other. Blacks are not the only ones to get discriminated against. Us whites do as well. No one should be descriminating against anyone and learn to treat each other with kindness and respect.

I understand how you feel. I am totally unbiased myelf and have a few friends who are black and I love them just as much as my white friends. However, I think they took black lives too far. Its all about them on a persistant basis as though they are superiour to us. Why do the blacks get offended when you attempt to say all lives matter? I believe they are misinterpreting our intentions. Martin Luther stated "All man are created equal." That means we should all be treated with equal respect. Whites have feelings as well. Its not fair to provide special treatment over the other. Blacks are not the only ones to get discriminated against. Us whites do as well. No one should be descriminating against anyone and learn to treat each other with kindness and respect.
Because you might be white and you are automatically privilliaged just because your white. You need to be sorry for being white and apologize to the black community. (your white ancestors enslaved the black people) This is the idea behind CRT. Welcome to 2022!

Because you might be white and you are automatically privilliaged just because your white. You need to be sorry for being white and apologize to the black community. (your white ancestors enslaved the black people) This is the idea behind CRT. Welcome to 2022!
I'm sorry Joe for what happened in the past and I empethise with the black community for what they have been through. It broke m heart when I watched movies about what our ancesters did and I broke in tears. I am sensitive and could never see myself ever hurting someone just because the are a different race, intelecual challenges, age or gender. I love and accept all for who they are. There is one thing I must mention. Us whites today had no control over what happened years ago and not speaking for other whites I feel like I am being punished for something someone else did. This is like going to prison for a crime I personally didn't commit. I am innocent. I dont want innocent whites who had nothing to do with an abusive past to be punished for a crime we personally didn't commit. Its not our fault. Please punish the ones who were responsible for the abuse and leave innocent whites alone. I do not think i'm privilaged. I dont think its right for any one race or culture to be superior over the other. We are misunderstood!

In addition to this post, there are whites that are tortured by blacks as well but you just dont hear it on the news, and its very well hidden as if it doesnt matter how we are treated, and its like blacks are saying its okay to toture whites because we need to get revenge, and who cares if the whites we toture are innocent. Blacks make themelves out to be the only victoms. I hate to tell you this, your not alone. It happens in all cultures and race. What about the toture of the jewish people, indians and other cultures? What about the toture of the LGBT community? Do you see my point? Would you want the police to arrest you for a crime someonelse commited if your innocent? Probably not.

Last edited:
That is why organizations like BLM and Critical Race Theory are Communist in how they want to divide our country between our color/race and social and class stature. These organizations are out to rip this country apart to divide us and promote hate.

That is why organizations like BLM and Critical Race Theory are Communist in how they want to divide our country between our color/race and social and class stature. These organizations are out to rip this country apart to divide us and promote hate.
I know and to me its heartbreaking. :(

That wont be me. I will never hate anyone or devide myself from anyone ever. Society will never brain wash me.

Back
Top Bottom