Potentially the longest thread in history...

Before my europe trip I'd have died even thinking about traveling that much, but after coming back I find myself saying "eh it's only 2-3 hours away" :p but urgh, home at 1:40am doesn't sound fun -_-

I swear, this universal basic income idea better hurry up and kick in :grin: imagine how great it'd be if robots did all the work and you literally got paid to sit home and do whatever you felt like doing.

Before my europe trip I'd have died even thinking about traveling that much, but after coming back I find myself saying "eh it's only 2-3 hours away" :p but urgh, home at 1:40am doesn't sound fun -_-

I swear, this universal basic income idea better hurry up and kick in :grin: imagine how great it'd be if robots did all the work and you literally got paid to sit home and do whatever you felt like doing.

The good news is it'll probably happen, the bad news is everyone our age will be 70ish by the time it does with all the kinks worked out. Smh. :(

And I just realised i've not really used my £2500 gaming laptop for anything other than browsing reddit and a couple hours of Rocket League each week..tops. Part of me thinks it is time I gave up hardcore gaming and retreat back to budget gaming and save money. I'll play games like BF1 for 20 to 40 hours when they first come out, but that's it. RL is the only game I have ever played for as long as I have. Speaking sensibly I should have just got a laptop with a GTX 1060 or something... basically maybe once or twice a year will I actually game for over 10 hours per week, and yet I buy hardware like I do 50 hours of BF4 at 4K every week. Nope. :D

Thing is though, even though I don't game, I sit on my laptop all night every night, so it makes sense to have something good.. and I do really enjoy having a super responsive and fast computer. Even though I only use all it's power probably literally < 1% of the time :p

Yeah I just bought a couple $650 laptops for the parents last year, SSDs really do make all the difference. They're budget as, but still zippy and responsive. Or to put it another way, they beat the crap out of the Asus zenbook I bought my mum a few years ago, despite being out-spec'd in every department except for the SSD.

I figure my desktop will keep powering on for another couple years at least now I've given it the ol' 1060 upgrade, so next step is buying a cheap laptop for moi :D luckily I won't need to game on it, so hopefully that'll keep the budget a bit lower

Went for a swim with the fam/dog at the beach yesterday. All going well until some guy on one of those stand-up paddle boards went past and the dog decided to try and follow him :p ended up swimming out about 1km trying to catch doge. Big *** current sweeping out to sea made it 10x harder coming back too -_- needless to say, dog got tied up to a pole for the rest of the evening. Highlighted how **** my fitness is too atm :grin:

Haha well I'm on my bill this year as well so sounds like a date ;) :grin:
I got my valentines surprise yesterday evening though, swimming back to the beach there were like 5 girls sunbathing topless in a sheltered part that wasn't visible unless you swam out to sea :p they all jiggled at me when they saw me laughing XD good times
Told my dad about it when I got back to shore, and he starts casually strolling down the beach towards where the girls where :grin: dodgy old *******

I think my desktop will essentially remain as it is, other than a GTX1170 or equivalent whenever it comes out, until I need to upgrade the motherboard and case so they have USB-C ports. I'm vaguely expecting to upgrade nearer the end of this year, maybe.

I just don't play enough games anymore. There arn't enough that I genuinely enjoy. And probably, 75% of those that I do, are indie games like Factorio that I can play on something fairly low end.

The only big games I look forward too are GTA, Red Dead and The Elder Scrolls.

I acquire most new games but barely end up playing them. I tried the new Deus Ex, For Honor etc but played them for like 15 minutes each before I was bored. It just feels like I don't have any patience or interest to enjoy games that are anything less than a 10/10 IMO. Infact I bought three games in December ready for my holiday in January, something to do when I was done with skiing in the evening. I havn't played any of them yet.

Last edited:
I just don't play enough games anymore. There arn't enough that I genuinely enjoy. And probably, 75% of those that I do, are indie games like Factorio that I can play on something fairly low end.

The only big games I look forward too are GTA, Red Dead and The Elder Scrolls.

I acquire most new games but barely end up playing them. I tried the new Deus Ex, For Honor etc but played them for like 15 minutes each before I was bored. It just feels like I don't have any patience or interest to enjoy games that are anything less than a 10/10 IMO. Infact I bought three games in December ready for my holiday in January, something to do when I was done with skiing in the evening. I havn't played any of them yet.
I'm in a similar situation, but for me it's I dropped all MP gaming on PC in favor of my PS4 Pro. Even then half the time I literally say why the **** did I buy this game.

I'm in a similar situation, but for me it's I dropped all MP gaming on PC in favor of my PS4 Pro. Even then half the time I literally say why the **** did I buy this game.

I guess i'll probably get back into serious gaming when VR gets good. Once the Rift 2 / Vive 2 comes out with more reliable 360 degree tracking, a smaller lighter headset, 4K per eye etc.. and some genuine AAA quality games. That'll be cool, i'll probably enjoy that quite a lot especially flight sims and racers. Right now the resolution is too sucky and the form factor too crappy, and the drivers/software feel like alpha or beta versions. Just not there yet as an every day quality product.

Back
Top Bottom