Potentially the longest thread in history...

Didn't want to make a new topic so I'll just post it here, found a video of a guy taking apart a 5870.

Can't tell if that big back plate helps hold it on or not, but the heat sink mounting plate obviously does.

Yay for free computers. >__> I'm on a crappy P4 2.0 Dell I got fo' free. I was going to through in my spare 2gb of DDR400, but...the stupid thing uses RD-RAM?! UGH. Stuck with 256mb now. And it won't let me "upgrade" from the GeForce2 MX400 to my old GeForce4 Mx440 because the Dell BIOS are like this: "OMG WHAT NEW HARDWARE NO!"

So yeah. Got it up and working as a streaming server to the Xbox at my house though, yay.

By the by, back in Morgantown for less than 24 hours, going back to hickville tomorrow. :(

Yay for free computers. >__> I'm on a crappy P4 2.0 Dell I got fo' free. I was going to through in my spare 2gb of DDR400, but...the stupid thing uses RD-RAM?! UGH. Stuck with 256mb now. And it won't let me "upgrade" from the GeForce2 MX400 to my old GeForce4 Mx440 because the Dell BIOS are like this: "OMG WHAT NEW HARDWARE NO!"

So yeah. Got it up and working as a streaming server to the Xbox at my house though, yay.

By the by, back in Morgantown for less than 24 hours, going back to hickville tomorrow. :(

Fail you got a willamette.

Fail you got a willamette.

Actually, no. Northwood. Socket 478.

sgsdegtsrt.jpg

Which baffles me, because there's no reason for it to run RDRAM...leave it to Dell.

64754734573.jpg

were you always from panama though?
and that video looks sweet, i mean the area is sweet!
you should letme know dates and prices of up coming events, maybe I could join you and experience party life down there!!!

Originally from Seattle, but I was already in Panama when I first came across this forum. That would be sick man if you came down, maybe Tiesto is far enough away for you to plan for. I'll check on stuff and let you know, there are events pretty often.

Oh, that stuff. I had to put together a machine from a bunch of crappy Dells which had it.

Hefe is currently drinking a 12oz can of Mountain Dew and it taste so good.

Found a place in Göteborg that sells it.
Victory.

Back
Top Bottom