Post ur 3DMark03 Score

Status
Not open for further replies.
ohGrFreak said:
i have a 6800 and it shouldn't be tormenting, since you did get a higher score than i did without even overclocking. actually, i found out that my 6800 is my comp's weak spot.

Is your 6800 a plain non-ultra non-GT version, or is it an NU? If its one of those cheaper versions, thats why you are getting a low score.

well, it's a plain 6800 with 256 DDR, but, in this case, it's an ASUS gamer's edition and ASUS explains the way they built this card, it should be 25% faster than the other regular 6800s. I have ability to overclock to 30% on top of that using ASUS' utilities. If I just knew what the engine speed on the GT and the Ultra cards are, I would hopefully be able to match it.

Well, there's your problem. Your regular 6800 is comparable in performance to my X800 Pro. The difference is the price. The X800 Pro is the same price as the 6800GT which is WAY better. The regular 6800 is a much more value priced version of the card.

why didn't you get a 6800GT instead of the X800? i mean, if they were the same price and the 6800GT is better? I just coudn't afford one, I thought the 25% speed advantage over other regular 6800s would bring my performence up more than what I am seeing.

ohGrFreak said:
why didn't you get a 6800GT instead of the X800? i mean, if they were the same price and the 6800GT is better? I just coudn't afford one, I thought the 25% speed advantage over other regular 6800s would bring my performence up more than what I am seeing.

I got the X800 Pro because early on, it looked like it would be the better card because the drivers for the 6800GT weren't that mature. Come to find out, I couldn't have made a worse decision.

ohGrFreak said:
well, the X800 pro is still a great card if you compare it to everything else except the 6800 series.

It has come a long way in Doom 3, which plays pretty flawlessly minus a little jumpiness (which from what I understand some people with 6800s are experiencing the same thing). My X800 still gives crap performance in Far Cry, I don't understand why....anyway, I would be very happy with my X800 if I didn't pay so much for it...

Another question, well, two questions, one, I am already planning an upgrade and wanted to know what your system cost you to build, esp the AMD 64 chip.

Then, where did you get your copy of aquamark3? everywhere i try to download it from, i get download speeds of no more than 3kbps and i have the capability of 300kbps.

My system costed me $2000 total, I don't remember the price of most of the individual parts. I downloaded Aquamark 3 when I had broadband and got about 60KB/sec on it which was tolerable. I got mine from MajorGeeks.com, i don't know where you are looking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom