Official Windows 10 Thread

I have also read that 1903 offers a longer wait time before your forced into an update.... which is better.
10 ltsc version doesn't force updates and no Cortana, also no crap like Candy Crush either

Doesn't take M$ very long to screw it up does it?
With the release of Microsoft June 2019 Patch Tuesday updates yesterday, users have noticed that trying to access the Custom Views section of the Windows 10 Event Viewer will cause the program to stop working correctly.

This is being caused by a unknown change in the Windows 10 version 1903 cumulative update KB4503293 which causes Event Viewer to fail when trying to load a custom view.
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-v1903-v1809-updates-break-event-viewer-custom-views/

Makes me wonder who exactly these people are because for personal use at home I've used the event viewer only a handful of times. And I doubt any companies are running 1903 yet.

I reckon somebody out there needed to use that event viewer to notice it. It really is not 1903 per se, but rather it is a 6/11 update for 1903 that caused this bug
I can't imagine a Windows update causing something in the system to break.:silly:

I use event viewer for quiet a bit at home, but haven't had issues with it.

I have noted only two issues with 1903... One was documented already, and that's the whole, "oh, you have a flash drive pluged up, well I dont know how to update anymore!" deal. Apparently even having secondary hard drives that are removable can also cause that glitch when trying to update to 1903.

My next issue is something that started happening somewhat recently. Every now and then, purely at random while on or during a cold boot, my rig forgets that it has a sound-card at all. It will end up listing only the Steam stuff that is part of SteamLink, it's as if the system totally forgot I have an onboard soundcard.

I noticed a similar bug with my mothers desktop over the course of the last year or so. Hers isn't a 1903 issue, but, purely at random, her install would forget theres a soundcard, and the only fix was to reboot.

Would be rather unusual for two systems to drop their soundcards, not be able to locate them, yet a reboot clears it typically. Never had a sound card fail before, so two rigs starting to have these issues is perplexing to me.

I use event viewer for quiet a bit at home, but haven't had issues with it.

I have noted only two issues with 1903... One was documented already, and that's the whole, "oh, you have a flash drive pluged up, well I dont know how to update anymore!" deal. Apparently even having secondary hard drives that are removable can also cause that glitch when trying to update to 1903.

My next issue is something that started happening somewhat recently. Every now and then, purely at random while on or during a cold boot, my rig forgets that it has a sound-card at all. It will end up listing only the Steam stuff that is part of SteamLink, it's as if the system totally forgot I have an onboard soundcard.

I noticed a similar bug with my mothers desktop over the course of the last year or so. Hers isn't a 1903 issue, but, purely at random, her install would forget theres a soundcard, and the only fix was to reboot.

Would be rather unusual for two systems to drop their soundcards, not be able to locate them, yet a reboot clears it typically. Never had a sound card fail before, so two rigs starting to have these issues is perplexing to me.
Oh mine does this, I thought it was just Creative **** being Creative **** because I've had the issue since Windows 7.

The bug I mentioned was for "Custom Views" section of the Windows 10 Event Viewer
not just the Event Viewer itself.
I was under the impression that Microsoft did fix that installing with a usb bug thing too. I think Windows 10 in all versions have an issue with the Creative sound. It's been an issue for a long time that looks like there is no fix still. I have read that it is a random issue too.

I had issues with the "Microsoft PDF Printer" and "Microsoft XPS Printer" virtual printers. Had to disable them in Windows Features because they were blocking the 1903 install for some reason (on both my desktop and laptop).

The bug I mentioned was for "Custom Views" section of the Windows 10 Event Viewer
not just the Event Viewer itself.
I was under the impression that Microsoft did fix that installing with a usb bug thing too. I think Windows 10 in all versions have an issue with the Creative sound. It's been an issue for a long time that looks like there is no fix still. I have read that it is a random issue too.
It's a Creative issue rather than a 10 issue because their drivers have been a big problem since Vista.

Back
Top Bottom