Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

ezio313

Solid State Member
So I have i5 10400 with biostar h510 and 3200hz ram. In task bar ram was 2400hz, went into bios to turn in up to 2666hz but I screwed up, I don't remember what I did exactly but this resulted in "preparing automatic repair" loop.

I saw some videos online and rebooted the windows and all worked fine.

3 days ago I had my USB which I installed windows on plugged into the pc, I wanted to reset this PC and install windows again, but when pressing on it an error occured, something along the lines of "the settings are not available for reseting this pc. Today, After turning on the pc, I see the windows installation setup, I cancelled since I didn't format my PC yet. But when I exited the setup I faced the automatic repair loop again.
When trying to install windows through the USB, when I reach the installation drive location, i can't see my nvme. Any idea what's happening

Last edited:
What happened or what's going on? It'ss that you have only one option - fix your computer. And you only have one option - to restore all factory settings and perform a 100% completely clean installation.
The reason is simple - because you claim you don't know what's going on and you don't remember what you did, there are no other options.
In the future, try to make only those changes that you know and know exactly what You do and why You do.

Hello...

Did you restore the BIOS to its defaults before attempting the Reset? If not, the same issue may be preventing Windows Reset.

Under the “Troubleshoot” menu, select the “Advanced options” option. Select “Command Prompt” in the “Advanced options” In the command prompt window, type “chkdsk /r c:” and hit Enter. This command will check your drive for errors using the CHKDSK utility and automatically repair them if possible.

Hope This Works,
Peter

Hi ezio,

The "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop is a problem that can occur on Windows 10 computers. It happens when Windows is unable to boot up normally and instead gets stuck in a loop where it keeps trying to repair itself.

There are a number of reasons why this problem can occur, including:

• Corrupted system files
  • Missing or outdated drivers
  • Malware infection
  • Hardware failure
If you're experiencing the "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop, there are a number of things you can try to fix it.

1. Boot into Safe Mode

Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode that allows you to start Windows with a limited set of drivers and services. This can help you to identify and fix the problem that is causing the "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop.

To boot into Safe Mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your computer.
  2. Turn it on again and press the F8 key repeatedly as soon as you see the Windows logo.
  3. When the Advanced Boot Options menu appears, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter.
Once you're in Safe Mode, you can try the following:

• Run System File Checker (SFC) to scan for and repair corrupted system files.
  • Update your drivers.
  • Run a malware scan.
2. Use the Windows Recovery Environment

If you can't boot into Safe Mode, you can try using the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE). WinRE is a set of tools that can help you to troubleshoot and repair problems with your Windows installation.

To access WinRE, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your computer.
  2. Turn it on again and press the Windows key + B repeatedly as soon as you see the Windows logo.
  3. When the Windows Recovery Environment menu appears, use the arrow keys to select Troubleshoot and press Enter.
  4. Select Advanced options and then select Startup Settings.
  5. Click Restart.
  6. When your computer restarts, press 4 or F4 to boot into Safe Mode with Networking.
Once you're in WinRE, you can try the following:

• Run System Restore to restore your computer to a previous point in time.
  • Reset your PC.
  • Reinstall Windows.
3. Contact Microsoft Support

If you've tried all of the above and you're still having trouble, you can contact Microsoft Support for help.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions

If you've tried all of the above and you're still having trouble, you can contact Microsoft Support for help.
No, there is no need to bother Microsoft Support, there is absolutely nothing they can do about this error. It is pure local problem and the reason is computer itself or its owner, not anyone else.
And of course, in general, this error can be corrected only by doing a full clean installation, but of course only if the system itself is in order. (OK).
Everything else is only wasting time.

Back
Top Bottom