Official Windows 10 Thread

so if ms sends info from windows wouldn't a firewall be able to catch that?
or any other network security software that is NOT made by Microsoft or pressured by Microsoft to allow data transmit?

Yes; that's what some people are doing.

So my first windows 10 "issue" I had a client who had taskbar problems after the upgrade. After getting sick of trying to fix it, I pulled his key with belarc and backed up his files and did a clean install. then it started having activation issues. I just was chatting with a Microsoft tech about it and apparently the key is the default key for windows 10 so she couldn't help me further. i'm assuming since he had issues it never activated, but I could be wrong. Her only advice was to reinstall 7 then upgrade to 10. Then I asked on a computer that did activate correctly could I pull the key and install a fresh copy of windows 10 with that key. She kept maintaining that the upgrade was the best way for it to get successfully activated. Then I asked why the media creation tool allowed you to make a disc that is essentially worthless. She said you can use that to repair windows. I'm going to test this at some point and see if you can actually do a clean install after a successfully activated upgrade. Has anyone actually done one?

After an activated copy it has your machine code to do a fresh install.
That's what I thought. I wonder why this one is having an issue. it must be that it never fully activated cause the upgrade caused issues.....damn Lenovos :).....

Last edited:
I really like windows 10. but overall I am satisfied with windows 10. I am running it boot camped on my Mac and it works great and has been a decent improvement from windows 8. Definitely worth the free upgrade

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the upgrade on my laptop it for what ever reason haven't done either desktop, one has a retail version of widows 7 pro so that one can be put on newer systems but want to upgrade to a newer MB and CPU I have just in case there a issue with putting it from one system to another but hopefully I'll have that done soon.

Guys, would it be OK for me to switch to Windows 10? I had a virus a while ago and got it quarantined. I really don't want it to come back if I update...

Threshold 2 (next big update for Windows 10) is slated for release on November 2nd. Insiders have already had access to this build for around a month or so now, and it's releasing to the mainstream update channel now. This update is a big one, but not as big as Redstone is supposed to be (which is planned for next summer).

Guys, would it be OK for me to switch to Windows 10? I had a virus a while ago and got it quarantined. I really don't want it to come back if I update...

You should probably make sure your system is clean before upgrading, unless you plan on doing a clean install / format after upgrading (so that it activates).

Make a new thread in the Virus & Malware board and we can assist you.

Back
Top Bottom