ipod batter

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashar

Banned
I've heard that the ipod batter dies out after 18 months. i don't know which generation or whatever this is in, but i think its for all ipods. not sure. but how is apple going to fix this problem? have they found a solution to it or what.

They sell 90$ battery replacement for all third generation (touch buttons - most recent ones - the ones supposed to have this problem) ipods without warranty or you can buy the apple care ipod warranty for like 50$ and have 3 years without worry.

g5orbust said:
They sell 90$ battery replacement for all third generation (touch buttons - most recent ones - the ones supposed to have this problem) ipods without warranty or you can buy the apple care ipod warranty for like 50$ and have 3 years without worry.

I thought it was the originals that had the problem...I mean, the third generation hasn't even been out for 18 months, has it? Or am I completely off...

qiranworms said:
I thought it was the originals that had the problem...I mean, the third generation hasn't even been out for 18 months, has it? Or am I completely off...

They have been. The capacity has changed in them but all of them have the same design/battery.

So guys, when it comes down to it, how long does the battery last?

I have been wanting an iPod, but not at the expense of $500 (40 GB) plus $80 - $100 every year or whatever.

Guy said:

I have been wanting an iPod, but not at the expense of $500 (40 GB) plus $80 - $100 every year or whatever.

If the proper steps are taken to ensure proper battery maintenance (IE: calibrating the battery and only charging when completely drained) then you should see a very robust and long lasting battery (well over the propagandized 18 months). I also suggest buying the ipod apple care (59 bucks). It covers everything in the ipod should it fail and guarentees replacement for free on all parts and/ or the whole unit.

Guy said:

But I would consider waiting for the fourth generation iPods...as I am doing. No point in getting a third gen when they are about to be replaced (the last update was september...it's about time)

anyone know when the generation 4 is coming out? and how much could you get the generation 3 off?

newguy4 said:
anyone know when the generation 4 is coming out? and how much could you get the generation 3 off?

No. The date is not known. And how could we predict the price reduction of the 3Gs? Whatever eBayers decide to sell 'em for I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom