goin to Newyork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
im going to newyork for a 4th time, January 3rd and taking a friend we will be staying with my cousins who live in Syosett new york or Nassau County which is about 20 min from Manhattan. My aunt, uncle and cousins will be at work and school all day so its up to me to show my friend around Newyork. he has never been.. any ideas i can show my friend, i am 19 years old and he is 20 so clubbing is not an option. any ideas

NY isnt that great....Go see the tree in Rockafella Center. Go to Central Park...Go ontop of the Empire State building and observe the view...uummm...by some drugs on the street and get f-d up :-D. Also, Syossett is about 40min away from the city.

I live in CT. About 1.5HRs from NYC. I'll take the train in to the city a few times a year. I can only take the city in small doses... It's cool for a day trip... But I wouldn't ever want to live there....

There is one thing that I love about the city though...

Your train pulls in to grand central station... As you exit the train and head to the main lobby of grand central. A HUGE interior with very high ceilings... The space is so large that a very unique echo resonates. It's fairly dull and mundane... People talking, walking, shuffling bags... footsteps... etc. As you head for an exit, the echo fades quieter and quieter... Then you put your hand on the door and push it open and step outside...

YOU'RE BLASTED with the sounds of taxi's beeping and busses wizzing by, the sound of car tires hitting bumps and grooves in the road. People marching down the side walks at breath taking speeds... Choas.... Newspaper, Hotdog, Pretzels, various vendors all along the streets... Most streets are like this... it's loud and chaotic.

But, then you step into a building and it's really quiet and orderly again. It's cool, you'd have to experience it.. typing it doesn't do it any justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom