Faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well gas engines produce more HP, while diesel engines produce more torque

but if they're using the same engine, i dunno

I'm going to say that it depends on what you're driving. For trucks, the world's fastest truck is a diesel. For cars, I do believe it is gasoline.

gas goes faster i think you do go a little faster. But diesel is much better you get alot of miles on a diesel engine.

Thats because your POS is a small engine.

Anyways, Gas is faster than diesel, diesel is meant for tourque.

That's why racecars have gas (or simmilar substances) and 18 wheelers and tanks have diesel

diesel is used for alot of low-end torque vehicles. thats why many pickup trucks use diesel, so that they can get alot of power out of RPM's that would normally stall a gasoline engine.

eg. i've driven a diesel flatbed pickup recently and it would start moving by just taking out the clutch. this was in 4L 2nd (the 4x4 transmission was in 4th gear in low-range, while the main transmission was in 2nd gear) doing about 500rpm. my Ford Focus would stall if I tried to drive it in 2nd gear and at 500rpm.

diesel engines also lubricate the engine. gasoline does not.

charles_scott said:
Bull ****ing shit, i see trucks get 15 miles to the gallon while my car being a POS gets more than my moms car at 25mpg

If your POS car happened to be a deisel it would get way more than 25 mpg. For example, a VW Jetta TDI gets about 10 more mpg than a regular Jetta.

isn't diesel a technically a type of 'gas'......doesn't light as easily as your normal unleaded gasoline, but once it catches fire I believe it has a lot more combustibility....as dude above said that's why you see it in the big trucks that need power and such, but yeah I'm not gas expert.

You can't really even compare this question as each fuel is for a different purpose in more occasions than none

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom