removing windows??

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
Hi, I just installed a 1TB M.2 SSD, I want to install a clean install of Windows 10 on it, and I want to remove Windows (somehow I ended up with 2 versions of windows on separate partitions) from my 1 TB hard drive. of course the idea is to use the SSD for Windows and several games, making it much faster. I also have many files and photographs that I want to stay on the hard drive. I just don't know how to remove windows. also, would it be better to remove the windows from the hard drive before i install it on the SSD?

first you'll want to disconnect any other drives except for that new ssd. Boot up the pc and set your bios to the ssd as the first boot device, USB as the second device. Pop the usb drive in and reboot your pc and let windows do it's thing. If you need to delete and previous install attempts and partitions you can do that during the install options. You can re-connect your other drives after you get windows on the SSD. If you can, use a usb connector to the 1tb drive with the previous windows attempts. (You do not necessarily have to do this but it might be safer to remove the windows partitions on that drive) as a usb so you do not confuse it with the 1tb SSD. portable usb drive cases are fairly cheap today
Edit: do not delete or remove and partitions with your data/pics/other personal files on that drive, just the windows o.s. stuff
Edit 1: might be safer to make a back up of your personal data...ect onto another usb or different drive just to be safe. You should be doing this anyway.

Last edited:
I swear GParted. Download it and make a bootable flash drive. Back your stuff up elsewhere, then boot off the GParted drive. Choose the drive and have it delete the partitions, then select it again and tell it what format to use and the size you want. Bam! Done.

I swear GParted. Download it and make a bootable flash drive. Back your stuff up elsewhere, then boot off the GParted drive. Choose the drive and have it delete the partitions, then select it again and tell it what format to use and the size you want. Bam! Done.
GParted is included with UBCD, Download the iso and use rufus to create a bootable usb.
UltimateBootCD
rufus

Back
Top Bottom