Computer advice

I did and I'm fairly certain I used the 1700 holes as that's the only way the back plate would fit the motherboard properly. When I get home I can remove the block and take a picture of the mounting.

I'd be curious to know how the manufacturer got all the air out of the cooling loop given it's a completely sealed system.

I've seen some processors that came from the factory without a lid such as the Xbox360 processor. What is the actual purpose of a lid and is it possible to delid a processor and run it that way?

EDIT:

Here's a photo of the liquid block installed.

I watched an install video and I did install mine correctly.

Resizer_16819334160951.jpeg

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know how the manufacturer got all the air out of the cooling loop given it's a completely sealed system.
Vacuum sealed but there's always a little air left over. That's why pump/rad placement matters.

I've seen some processors that came from the factory without a lid such as the Xbox360 processor. What is the actual purpose of a lid and is it possible to delid a processor and run it that way?
Those are designed that way due to clearances and tolerances. You could delid, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Are all 4 of those tightened as far as they'll go?

Is it possible the in and out being at the top is causing air to move through the pump.

Makes me think I should have gone with a custom loop as I could have eliminated all the air from the system.

Last edited:
According to the picture you provided the tubes are on the side of the block, not the top.
Even in custom loops you don't get air out 100%. It gets trapped in other areas like top of a rad or a res.

Even if there was air trapped in the pump shaking it around or tilting it would change it but it wouldn't spike so high initially still.
That's why I keep bringing up mounting, paste, etc. It makes me feel like there isn't enough contact.
When you take the block off is any paste oozing off the sides or only a small circle in the center?
Also what paste are you using?

I meant the radiator inlet and outlet. It's at the top.

I'm using the paste that came with the aio cooler.

Would this CPU hold down be recommended versus the stock hold down that tends to bend the motherboard over time?

Thermalright CPU Contact Frame Anti-Bending Buckle for LGA 1700 Retrofit Kit, 17XX-BCF Bracket Intel12 Generation,Black https://a.co/d/8MAWqz9

Also could that be the problem I'm having?

I know this rarely happens... but not impossible. Did ya peel off the little clear plastic covering over the paste before you installed it to the cpu?

There was no clear plastic covering over the paste. Only the plastic cover that covered the whole bottom of the water block. Plus when I reseated the water block I cleaned off the old paste and put new on.

I did buy one of those brackets I linked to. It will be here Saturday. Will install it and see if that helps. Even if it doesn't help I'll at least know that I never have to worry about the motherboard warping.

Last edited:
Paste was oozing off the sides.

Oh ok, however I do like the way that hold down is as I can alternate the tightening of the corner screws to apply more even pressure on the CPU during installation versus the stock hold down which is on a hinge. Plus the new hold down is aluminum which may help conduct some heat away from the processor.

Back
Top Bottom