College Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrothrillah

In Runtime
Where do people that have been out of High School for awhile get financial aid to go to college and what kind of financial aid is available?

I've googled financial aid and everything talks about "talk to your HS advisor" and such. That's kind of impossible when you've graduated already.

High school advisors were never any help with that in my case. You won't know for sure until you apply for Fafsa and have it submitted to different schools. College counselors or admissions counselors might be of some help and they might have scholarships available. It's probably less than if you were fresh out of high school but some should still be available. It also depends a lot on what your income is and what state you're in.

High school advisors never did anything anyways... just do the FAFSA and see what happens, and go and find individual grants that you can apply for.

I tried for a Pale Grant I believe when I got out of high school and they told me I made too much money, which was barely enough to pay my truck, cell, and insurance.

I tried for a Pale Grant I believe when I got out of high school and they told me I made too much money, which was barely enough to pay my truck, cell, and insurance.

Pell grants are for ppl who don't work, basically. So if you're responsible and contribute to society you don't get it, which always ticked me off. even though my mom's income was definitely low enough for me to get in I worked way too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom