banning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehe no I wasn't in on that joke.

But back OT, great advice or not if you can't follow the rules you'll end up getting banned. On this forum and most others.

Yea I know some of the mod's round here have reputations as hard arses but we are not we just care a lot for tech forums and we don't want to see it go down hill.

It is quite easy to stay out of trouble. I have only had 2 infractions, one for an accidental sig rule violation of one to many lines, and the other for a mild flame that i didn't realize i was starting, the guy took it way to personally. I actually have 2 warnings that were reversed lol, one was a mistake, and the other a sig rule violation when the forum was on the fritz after the update, which was no ones fault.

Saxon - how do I check on infractions?

They show up in your user cp, like subscribed threads

Honestly, I see quite a few sig infractions that should be hitting people, as the rule states, COMBINED sizes for pictures in a siggy... So that would mean like 90% of the forum, because the little banners in sigs also count... Other wise I wouldn't have had to have my images put as just links...

I know, but it states images, doesn't state that certain things are exempt... which IMO would defeat the purpose of the rule which was oversized sigs making it difficult to navigate the site, and take forever for dial up users to load a page... It should honestly be a strict file size, and pixel size.... Such as the Firefox User, that can be put into text and have it linked, same with the folding and so on...

Wish mods would really clear things like that up... As it is STILL an image...

Lol, Nubius... Poor guy, forgot what he got banned for though, oh well.

BTW I just read the Rules of the forum, no where does it state anything about Folding not being included into the total size of a siggy.

7) Signatures must adhere to the following specifications:

Text signatures may not exceed 15 lines in size 1, or 8 lines in size 2. Text size 3 and above is not allowed. Text size 1 may only be used with a graphic, with no more than 8 lines.
The combined size of all images in a sig is a maximum of 468x120. Please keep the file sizes small for loading times.
Any scripts that display a user's IP address and browser information are not allowed.
HTML is not allowed in signatures. Some HTML scripts disrupt the layout of the forum and so have been disabled.
Signatures are subject to Rule 3.
Signatures are a privilege. They are granted for use when you reach 40 posts. If you abuse the system and try to get to 40 posts as fast as possible you will lose this privilege.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom