Audio Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

midI

Beta member
Happy new year guys !

I'm looking into replacing my MiaMidi with something equivalent (not too professional - 250-300$.)

I replaced my system and it doesn't work well with it (the newest AMD), the company (Echo) failed to design a new driver for XP as well.

I wanted to see if you can recommend on something for me...

I came across the M-Audio Audiophile 192, what do you think of that card?

Any ideas?

Thanks! :cool:

Well since you are using these cards for pro audio applications I guess I am the person here to give advice. Just ignore all the people that will say X-FI

I own an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 which is very alike your card except it features RCA outputs instead of 1/4 inch and it has 2 less in's and outs. Simply put, my card is amazing. Super low latency's (256 byte buffer at 48,000khz). The sound quality is amazing.

Now the Audiophile 192 looks like a great card for you. You are thinking in the right dirrection. Their is one emu card that compares to the 192 however, and you can get more features in the m-audio delta line for your money.

Thanks man,
I'm in Canada just like you and it seems like there are a few companies that we miss here such as: RME, more advanced Echo cards etc.

I always saw M-audio as a cheesy company for their controllers, it seems like their cards are good as you say.

My computer can't work with the Mia since i use the newest AMD + Asus A8V...

The audiophile 192 has more outs/ins no?

(If someone else wants to respond feel free ..)

Looking to hear from you again Chris.

Thanks !

I had an Asus A8V Deluxe (You most likely have the deluxe version too) and it worked with the card very well for a while. However that motherboard just unfortunetly died on me.

The 192 was actually built to be better than the 2496. It handles a higher sample rate (which is not nesscary), has different output connectors and features a hardware monitoring output.

And here's a killer price on it

http://www.axemusic.com/product.asp...artPosition=1&strSearchCriteria=any&PT_ID=all

Hey,
I see 192 khz is something you are quite interested in. Although in my opinion, the only time you will ever see 192khz, is if you are recording the vienna symphonic orchestra for the latest lord of the rings blockbuster.
In my belief, something that will give you true 192khz(even though 192 is has its flaws, due to the oversampling problem it has at that high a sample rate) will definately cost more than 200-300 $..even triple that...
Stick to what domain you are in...my guess is that you probably wont even go up to 96k(maybe you do?)..so instead, buy something that has quality components for a 48k domain, like a digi Mbox..for that price, you get 2 line outs, focusrite preamps(2 of em)->with trim pots..MIDI in/out..and off course, mostly, your getting the quality of Digidesign..i personally dont believe in internal/pci soundcards, no-matter what they can do..external units dont put as much stress on your CPU than an internal one would...
hope that can answer your question :)

im a normal user i play some fpss and wow and a lot of music and a lot of dvds on my pc what is good for me the one of the delta series or one of the audiopiles series i have an abit motherboard will that have conflicts with the card. Im just tired of my creative cards software not working with soem games and conflicting with norton anti virus well not anymore. But i just dont like creatives software.

Zphyr said:
Hey,
I see 192 khz is something you are quite interested in. Although in my opinion, the only time you will ever see 192khz, is if you are recording the vienna symphonic orchestra for the latest lord of the rings blockbuster.
In my belief, something that will give you true 192khz(even though 192 is has its flaws, due to the oversampling problem it has at that high a sample rate) will definately cost more than 200-300 $..even triple that...
Stick to what domain you are in...my guess is that you probably wont even go up to 96k(maybe you do?)..so instead, buy something that has quality components for a 48k domain, like a digi Mbox..for that price, you get 2 line outs, focusrite preamps(2 of em)->with trim pots..MIDI in/out..and off course, mostly, your getting the quality of Digidesign..i personally dont believe in internal/pci soundcards, no-matter what they can do..external units dont put as much stress on your CPU than an internal one would...
hope that can answer your question :)

Have you tried one of the audiophile cards in a proper enviroment?

Chris,
if you add tax and shipment at Axemusic it will add up to like 230$ no? :rolleyes:

Just ignore all the people that will say X-FI
X-FI isn't even an audio card, I'm pretty sure it's a sound card.

I always saw M-audio as a cheesy company for their controllers, it seems like their cards are good as you say.
Rule with M-Audio is don't buy anything with keys on it and they've got excellent products. Keystation 88 was a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom