Random Chit Chat

Makes sense. I couldn't figure out a logical reason for it. Guess that's what I do then when I upgrade my CPU/Mobo/SSD at some point this year. Component prices are sick though...
To be fair, I still have a C and D drive and my D drive is for games but it also has my Superior Drummer library, install, Reaper install, VST plugins, settings, etc all on it. Games aren't so much an issue besides my Skyrim mods, but all the audio software stuff is a right bitch to get it all 100% from scratch how I had it. Projects are offloaded to the server but I still need everything else local. Thing is they're both NVMe SSDs though.

To be fair, I still have a C and D drive and my D drive is for games but it also has my Superior Drummer library, install, Reaper install, VST plugins, settings, etc all on it. Games aren't so much an issue besides my Skyrim mods, but all the audio software stuff is a right bitch to get it all 100% from scratch how I had it. Projects are offloaded to the server but I still need everything else local. Thing is they're both NVMe SSDs though.
Yeah makes sense. Man I wish I was rich and I could just fill my PC with tens of terabytes of SSD storage.

Today has been shit. I made cheesecake and it stuck to the pan. I made a huge yorkshire pudding and that also stuck to the pan. And now MSFS 2020 won't launch when I finally have time to play.

Yeah makes sense. Man I wish I was rich and I could just fill my PC with tens of terabytes of SSD storage.

Today has been shit. I made cheesecake and it stuck to the pan. I made a huge yorkshire pudding and that also stuck to the pan. And now MSFS 2020 won't launch when I finally have time to play.
I've been ok with just a pair of 1TB drives but admittedly I don't do a lot with my PC lately and only keep a couple things installed at a time.

Have you played GT7 yet? What are your thoughts if you have.

I've been ok with just a pair of 1TB drives but admittedly I don't do a lot with my PC lately and only keep a couple things installed at a time.

Have you played GT7 yet? What are your thoughts if you have.

Yeah loved it. Reminded me of classic Gran Turismo games. The cars handle well, sound good, and upgrades are fun. I guess my only real complaints are that it felt a bit easy... you get given so many cars, you rarely have to buy any, and so you just need money for upgrading the numerous cars you get given. It's still noway near as bad as a game like Forza Horizon where within 5 minutes of starting the game you have a $2m supercar, but still. Maybe I have bad memory but the old games were harder and slower which was probably more rewarding.

Oh one other complaint, the off road races are not good, the physics there is quite bad. Fortunately there are only a couple to do.

Yeah loved it. Reminded me of classic Gran Turismo games. The cars handle well, sound good, and upgrades are fun. I guess my only real complaints are that it felt a bit easy... you get given so many cars, you rarely have to buy any, and so you just need money for upgrading the numerous cars you get given. It's still noway near as bad as a game like Forza Horizon where within 5 minutes of starting the game you have a $2m supercar, but still. Maybe I have bad memory but the old games were harder and slower which was probably more rewarding.

Oh one other complaint, the off road races are not good, the physics there is quite bad. Fortunately there are only a couple to do.
I think it looks gorgeous but the cars feel mushy.

Makes sense. I couldn't figure out a logical reason for it. Guess that's what I do then when I upgrade my CPU/Mobo/SSD at some point this year. Component prices are sick though...
I know... I find it kinda strange that we can get a 1TB ssd cheap but not a CPU or a GPU without getting greased in the backside!

I think it looks gorgeous but the cars feel mushy.

Hmm. I wouldn't say mushy personally, but it's definitely not as hardcore and accurate a sim as something like Assetto Corsa Competizione. Love the DualSense controller haptics too.

I know... I find it kinda strange that we can get a 1TB ssd cheap but not a CPU or a GPU without getting greased in the backside!

Yeah, quite. Frustrating. I want an RTX 4080 but i'm dreading the cost.

Hmm. I wouldn't say mushy personally, but it's definitely not as hardcore and accurate a sim as something like Assetto Corsa Competizione. Love the DualSense controller haptics too.

Yeah, quite. Frustrating. I want an RTX 4080 but i'm dreading the cost.
Yea the controls are super cool, wasn't expecting that at all. Thing is with middle assist function it feels like on rails, with no assist it feels mushy and not responsive. I'm doing class B stuff so I'm in the slow cars but a rear wheel drive car will slide even at 150hp. Idk, still need to work up to see how the faster cars are but it all just seems so slow mo.

Yea the controls are super cool, wasn't expecting that at all. Thing is with middle assist function it feels like on rails, with no assist it feels mushy and not responsive. I'm doing class B stuff so I'm in the slow cars but a rear wheel drive car will slide even at 150hp. Idk, still need to work up to see how the faster cars are but it all just seems so slow mo.

If you want some excitement buy a Honda NSX, fully upgraded and drive with no TC or stab control etc. That thing is wildly unpredictable, it’ll suddenly spin out on you during a high speed bend with no warning. There are definitely RWD cars that are spicy, but yeah probably not at 150hp.

That's the thing though, the super slow mo feeling behind it makes it seem sluggish. You shouldn't feel like you're doing 20 when the game says you're doing 70 or 90, and at these "lower" speeds it all just seems too safe. I haven't driven in weather yet so I'll save opinion for that or off road.

Back
Top Bottom