Random Chit Chat

I've been looking at either the F250 or a GM/Chev 2500 pick up....
The prices are astronomical$$$$ I suppose I better wait some more but it seems like the more I wait for prices to drop, they only get higher :(

How are car dealerships customer service in the US for things other than buying a car ?

My Audi A6 needs it's first service and the local Audi dealership I booked it in at is pissing me the hell off. I booked it in a few weeks ago using customer portal I use to lease my car through, but I realised I have a few questions about how it gets paid for, whether they can provide a courtesy car etc. I have a maintenance package with my lease deal so the lease company will pay for a service, but I just want to know whether they will bill me or the lease company directly.

So I ring them up on Monday, tell them I have some questions about my service booked in for next week, the lady tells me the service department are busy so they'll ring me back in an hour. I wait and wait and nothing, so I ring back Tuesday. She tells me the same thing again but that she will also tell them they failed to ring me back yesterday and to make sure they do ring me back that day. Nothing happened. Decided to resort to good old Email last night, so emailed them asking why they havn't called back and the three questions I had. And it's now almost 5pm wednesday, no reply to my email and no callback. These fuckers are pissing me the hell off. Think i'll just not turn up for my service next week and book it in at some other place. Then when they ring me asking where I am I can tell them to go fuck themselves.

Uhh long story short, about the same. Except they'll try to screw you out of even doing the work they're contractually obligated to do. The sales people will treat you like a king or queen until that credit score comes back and then down talk you knowing damn well you have no other options. If they find out you can afford anything once the deal is finalized they'll stop answering your calls in regards to after sale support.

Uhh long story short, about the same. Except they'll try to screw you out of even doing the work they're contractually obligated to do. The sales people will treat you like a king or queen until that credit score comes back and then down talk you knowing damn well you have no other options. If they find out you can afford anything once the deal is finalized they'll stop answering your calls in regards to after sale support.

Damn for some reason I figured it would be better over there. It's really so annoying.

I had to participate in my first termination yesterday. It really sucked. The guy should have been gone a few years ago but no one had put paper to any of the times he was coached or reprimanded so it looked like he had a spotless record to corporate. About a year ago he was caught working on his fiancee's store equipment (using company tools, on company time, in the company car, calling in to company support) without any kind of ticket or the company getting paid; her store is not a maintenance customer so it would have been $175/hour plus mileage. The national director of service and our manager flew in and confronted him to fire him but he 'fessed up and they "put him on final" but no paper was logged on it. He continued to eff stuff up. Our manager was promoted and a fellow tech who had been the assistant manager stepped up, and HE finally started writing the dude up.

Fast forward to about a month ago. Part of the tech's job is to do preventative maintenance on their stores when they come up on the schedule. This is mainly doing some in-depth cleaning on our equipment in the stores. It takes most techs about 30 minutes to completely clean a checkout lane. He drives two hours, spends four hours in the store and cleans three lanes, then drives two hours home. Our manager and me happen to be coming through the area the next day and stop in to spot check his work. We pull the scanner/scale out of the checkstand and it is beyond filthy... like 3-4" of onion skins, flour, cornmeal, loose beans, Kool-Aid packets that had fell down in the gap, etc. We take pics and ask the store not to say anything about us looking. Dude comes back a couple of days later, spends four hours, and "completes" the PM. I go two days later and check it... he not only didn't go back and clean the earlier part but also did the same on all the rest of it. I took pictures and our boss put the gears in motion.

I honestly felt sorry for the guy. He was completely blindsided, and thought that nothing would ever be done. He had actually thought that he should have gotten the assistant manager position when our manager moved up. I hate anyone losing their job but it is darn hard to be fired from my company and he finally succeeded. I hope we don't have to do that again but I know better; we've got a couple of others who are trying hard to match or top this guy's record.

Damn for some reason I figured it would be better over there. It's really so annoying.
Nope, guarantee it's worse over here because Merica.
I honestly felt sorry for the guy. He was completely blindsided, and thought that nothing would ever be done.
I wouldn't. Dude was getting paid to do nothing, wasting company resources on another store which is a conflict of interest, and his actions could lose clients as it reflects on the company. Guarantee he knew exactly what he was doing, and because nothing was getting done thought he'd get away with it.

There's some rules I follow when buying a car from auto dealers. If you trading in your car, get a price on your car first before you look at any other car that you want to buy. Use your own financing from you own bank. You might get a better interest rate and a much better deal on GAP insurance. (especially for a used car).
Transfer your own plates from your old car. Around here you can legally drive if you show a receipt that you just bought the car recently. Check insurance rates for different model cars. Something like a Mustang will be higher than a mom's volleyball van. Just something to consider before you buy.
Don't get all excited and giddy....They will take advantage of you like you are a little school girl. I told the dealer when I got my Honda that "It's just a car" and he looked at me in shock.
A used car dealer will tell you anything they think you want to hear. Get Everything in Writing if they make you any promises. If you have bad credit then expect to pay more in interest, The lower your credit score, the more you'll pay and I don't know if anybody can get around that one.
Just personal experiences from buying a car or two in my lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom