Potentially the longest thread in history...

Marches, demonstrations, and riots won't change who is the president. Basically it is all a temper tantrum because the new administration is not going to coddle folk or go along with the left's hair-brained agenda that the previous administration was hellbent on fulfilling.

As for coal/gas/shale oil, these can be utilized without killing the earth. We had already gotten coal cleaner than oil, plus we have loads of it which can decrease the need for other fossil fuels. The environment hasn't been forgotten but it is not the top item now. All the BS regulations that had been pushed out were killing businesses because they were too expensive for them to meet and adhere to at the present level of technology.

I hope our new prez does a good job. I seriously doubt he could do worse than what we have had for the past eight years.

You know, I was neither for Hillary or Trump, but now I'm a Trump supporter by default just because of how much it pisses off the snowflakes. It's like a giant troll play on the US.

Heh yeah I'm not that heavily invested :p he's fine as far as changes to the US go imo, I don't have to deal with that. But as far as it impacts the rest of the world (which it does in a large way, esp for Australia unfortunately) I'm a bit concerned while there's such a lack of details out.
This is what's currently on reddits front page for example, first official Whitehouse press statement lying about crap that doesn't even matter o_O like...why?

White House press secretary attacks media for accurately reporting inauguration crowds - Jan. 21, 2017
https://d3i6fh83elv35t.cloudfront.n...oads/2017/01/comparison-withtime-1024x576.jpg

Anyway, moving on :p today we explored Paris a bit more, climbed to the top of some huge church and went through the markets. I gotta say, the amount of literal **** piss and spit everywhere I wasn't prepared for :s ****in disgusting. Paris is by far the dirtiest city I've been to; despite the cool thing about it I'm definitely looking forward to leaving tomorrow.

Honestly, I think he will be good for the US at least in terms of economy, jobs, and people being better off. That's what he's all about. I don't think he'll be much help in terms of hitting environmental targets, equality, and all that kind of stuff. I am also intrigued at how he will handle defence and security issues.

But I would be legitimately surprised if in 4 years there wasn't a marked improvement economically for many americans, american companies and the country as a whole. Realistically, that is what most people care most about. Money!. I think he has the right idea. Ideally you want more jobs, more money, reducing environmental impact, etc etc. But you can't have everything, something has to give. It seems like the thing to give under him will be the environment, or pretty much anything that directly gets in the way of making money.

But most of all it's really quite refreshing to see someone just say whatever is on their mind at that point in time. If a reporter asks him a stupid question he just laughs at them. He doesn't seem to avoid stuff. Basically, he doesn't act like a politician. Sometimes he goes too far, such as mocking a disabled person... but eh, at least it was funny and genuine :p I am sure many politicians are just as bad outside of the public eye. I remember when Gordon Brown, ex UK PM, got in a private car and started ranting and moaning about some members of the public he just met, totally forgetting his interview mic was still attached and left on.

Last edited:
Hears my two cents on the Trump Presidency.

As kman has said he will certainly in my opinion as well be good for the economy such as jobs and infrastructure investment with in the US but what concerns me as an outsider is the fact that Donald Trump is not a politician as well. He has no experience dealing with as far as I'm aware international matters such as foreign nations and policy. Negotiations and pretty much overall care about what goes on in the out side world other than the US.

Those people protesting about Trump in Newcastle upon Tyne my home city need to get a grip and a serious grip on reality as this is an American decision and thats what it is. A decision by the American people to elect in accordance with their culture and constitution I believe as well for who they want to lead them for the next 4 or maybe 8 years.

It actually makes me quite angry this whole protest thing about people in foreign nations protesting about Trump because I would not like it if someone done this to me or the country I live in in regards to our democratic union.

If that were me I would of been sitting back if I were Trump and just laughing at these people.

This Administration of Trumps like Trotter has said couldn't give two brass monkeys about those who dont want help such as addicts, criminals or the vulnerable.

When Cameron governments come to power in the U.K the last thing Cameron cared about along with Osbourn was molly cuddling society unlike Tony Blair Government. People were told to get on with it. People were asking how do I get to work I cant afford the Petrol and simply put the Government I remember at the time said get the bus. Thats how much they cared.

Trumps policy on foreign matters will be interesting along with the war on Drugs overall in the US. Closing the Mexican border if that goes ahead or at least erecting a wall of some kind.

Honestly speaking I actually think a lot of people are frightened by a Trump presidency. Because they know things will be done his way and or the High Way. IF you dont like it then tuff S*** .

We all know Trump speaks his mind but I also think tahts part fo the appeal. He doesn't take no hostages.

One thing is for certain and thats Barack Obamas calm before the storm is now over.

My younger sister and couple friends of mine went for the protests.
I'm not for them and don't get it.
Instead of making fun of them by calling them snowflakes, babies creating tantrums, maybe you should try talking to some of them to find out why.
I spoke to a few and understood there reason, didn't have to agree or disagree, just don't see a reason to make fun of them.
Let people express there feelings in what way they seem fit, why does it bother you if it isn't harming anyone.
You can't pick and choose how people want to express how they feel.
I have seen the violent ones, I don't believe the march supported that, I know my friends definitely didn't. There are crazy people within every group/religion/ culture/race w/e, can't judge a few and assume the rest are the same.
I believe when Obama won in 08 and got re-elected, the Rep's had riots as well so this is common and will happen, but that doesn't mean that we can now make fun of the Reps, it's not the majority.

Instead of making fun of them by calling them snowflakes, babies creating tantrums, maybe you should try talking to some of them to find out why.
I spoke to a few and understood there reason, didn't have to agree or disagree, just don't see a reason to make fun of them.
Let people express there feelings in what way they seem fit, why does it bother you if it isn't harming anyone.
I have seen the violent ones, I don't believe the march supported that, I know my friends definitely didn't. There are crazy people within every group/religion/ culture/race w/e, can't judge a few and assume the rest are the same.
I believe when Obama won in 08 and got re-elected, the Rep's had riots as well so this is common and will happen, but that doesn't mean that we can now make fun of the Reps, it's not the majority.

I honestly dont remember anyone going this far to this magnitude when obama was elected or re elected.

I tried talking to some Trump haters but honestly it was like talking to my 11 year old.

I live in a really liberal city and its driving me crazy with all these marches and protests. I am tired of being stuck in traffic for stupid s***. Instead of standing int he road with a sign (which does nothing to help you) why dont they do something productive?

I actually had to ask one woman to leave from my p[ace of business today because she decided that a trump supporter at the bar a few seats down from her couldnt "look or speak anywhere near her general direction". Not gonna lie I loved doing it.

I also love when people tell me "hes not my president" and i get to tell them "if you are a US citizen yes he is."

I am a huge Obama hater and ive never once said or heard people say things like that.

Its just ignorant imo.

I also love when people tell me "hes not my president" and i get to tell them "if you are a US citizen yes he is."

I am a huge Obama hater and ive never once said or heard people say things like that.

Its just ignorant imo.

You must not have paid much attention then.

Must not remember the people hanging up signs with "n*****" written on them, lynched dummies that looked like Obama, the "birth certificate fiasco", the "he's a muslim / terrorist!" talk, etc. Pretty sure those conservatives were pretty crybaby-ish, too? It's not just a "liberal" or "conservative" thing - it's a stupid person thing, which exist on both sides of the fence.

Honestly, I think he will be good for the US at least in terms of economy, jobs, and people being better off. That's what he's all about. I don't think he'll be much help in terms of hitting environmental targets, equality, and all that kind of stuff. I am also intrigued at how he will handle defence and security issues.

But I would be legitimately surprised if in 4 years there wasn't a marked improvement economically for many americans, american companies and the country as a whole. Realistically, that is what most people care most about. Money!. I think he has the right idea. Ideally you want more jobs, more money, reducing environmental impact, etc etc. But you can't have everything, something has to give. It seems like the thing to give under him will be the environment, or pretty much anything that directly gets in the way of making money.

But most of all it's really quite refreshing to see someone just say whatever is on their mind at that point in time. If a reporter asks him a stupid question he just laughs at them. He doesn't seem to avoid stuff. Basically, he doesn't act like a politician. Sometimes he goes too far, such as mocking a disabled person... but eh, at least it was funny and genuine :p I am sure many politicians are just as bad outside of the public eye. I remember when Gordon Brown, ex UK PM, got in a private car and started ranting and moaning about some members of the public he just met, totally forgetting his interview mic was still attached and left on.
Goes along with what I said a while back, don't believe mainstream media. There are articles that talk about how Trump has done that before, not just for the reporter. It also started before the rally, the reporter and Trump had beef before that and know each other.

I think you're making matters sensitive because it's your sister. These people are acting stupid, period. There's nothing they can do and the people (we all know who) destroying things makes them look worse.

You must not have paid much attention then.

Must not remember the people hanging up signs with "n*****" written on them, lynched dummies that looked like Obama, the "birth certificate fiasco", the "he's a muslim / terrorist!" talk, etc. Pretty sure those conservatives were pretty crybaby-ish, too? It's not just a "liberal" or "conservative" thing - it's a stupid person thing, which exist on both sides of the fence.
This, it's all ****ing stupid. I was pissed because I knew what Obama would bring to this country but that doesn't mean I went destroying things or acting on pointless protests. I had some friends that protested Obama and they weren't friends much longer.

Summary of my opinions:
- He'll probably improve the US economy a lot in the short term (5-10 years) at the expense of the long-term.

- He'll probably throw his weight around a lot more than Obama, especially in regard to China and Russia. I've no idea if will achieve much and if it does whether it'll be negative or positive.

- This business regarding the inauguration crowd turnout has me a little worried about how the WH will attempt to define and pervert the truth and use that as an opportunity to blacklist sections of the press, and may be a foreshadowing of what's to come in the UK.

- I always agreed with Obama politically but his use of drones and the umpteen hundreds of innocent people he allowed the murder of, plus the fact that a week or two ago he permitted NSA data to (lawfully) be used by other agencies (FBI, CIA etc. right down to local Police departments) means I really dislike him now.

- Riots are irrelevant, they always happen. What's better is the largest peaceful protest in US history went off without a hitch or violence.

Hey PP, my.sister has nothing to do with it, we don't get a long about a lot of things.
From asking people about the march this is what they've said
"
the march was not just for women it was for all people that have felt isolated and cast as "not normal" by Trump...women, muslims, LGBT, etc
protesting is a way to show that the hate and his attitude is disrespectful and not ok
think about it, if after all the **** that guy has spewed about islam, lgbt, women, handicapped, we as a country just lied down and accepted it, we would be saying " yes that is ok"

Keep in mind that Trump wants to put me on a registry list so there's no way I can support him so there will be people protesting about the things he's said to show that it's not okay.
Whether anything he said like building the wall etc, happens or not it's the fact that he did say it and the country voted for it.
I really try ignoring all this and hope things don't get crazy.
There's things I don't understand or agree with but I try keeping an open mind and listening to the other side.

Politics...I hate it, I.rarely keep the news on, just wanna stick to my gaming world, sports, music and other fun stuff

Their statement would have been fine except their hypocrisy shined through and why I stand by, it's stupid. I'll just leave this here:

Yesterday, the Women's March organization made headlines by removing New Wave Feminists, a pro-life women's group, as an official event sponsor. The Women's March released a statement to defend their decision, apologizing for “the error” of having previously listed an “anti-choice” group as a partner. They also made it clear that they only wish to march on behalf of those who share the pro-abortion mindset.

My response to this is the same as mine to Kman:
if after all the **** that guy has spewed about islam, lgbt, women, handicapped, we as a country just lied down and accepted it, we would be saying " yes that is ok
Most of what the media has spewed is quite the opposite.

Keep in mind that Trump wants to put me on a registry list so there's no way I can support him so there will be people protesting about the things he's said to show that it's not okay.
Whether anything he said like building the wall etc, happens or not it's the fact that he did say it and the country voted for it.
Are you here illegally? If there answer is no, none of that immigrant stuff applies to you.

If you don't at least half way pay attention to what's going on politically then maybe fact check before arguing somebody's point ;)

This business regarding the inauguration crowd turnout has me a little worried about how the WH will attempt to define and pervert the truth and use that as an opportunity to blacklist sections of the press, and may be a foreshadowing of what's to come in the UK.
Exactly how? The stuff being thrown around by anti-trump people is false and backed by our media. If anything they should try to blacklist bull**** as that's what's brainwashing our populace.

Edit:
I'll make another point here towards the protests and rioting being one word; stupid.

The women's march protest is about what that person tried to claim it was about, right? Way to show disrespect and hate is wrong, right? Equality? Ok, then why is it only for pro-abortion people?

How about this. Trump gets into office, rioters destroy Starbucks and Bank of America. 2 companies that backed the Hillary campaign. How does that make any sense? Ok so maybe the actions of rioters don't illustrate the mindset of the rest but the fact is it happened. A protest about all that positive, backed by hypocrisy. Right. See the picture I'm drawing here? Protesting is one thing, but what most see isn't always the clear picture.

I'm not trying to cause a **** storm here or massive argument, I'm trying to just make a point. Look at the above arguments based on different data which has skewed the mindset we have of certain situations. Most people act without a fact check which is what this country keeps doing. Scroll down Facebook timelines, Twitter feeds ect, it's all the same ****. I see people arguing in favor and against it all but I see a lot of arguing without knowing the facts. Only the bull**** they see on the news, or something somebody said to get them in a rage. It's why all of it is pretty stupid. It's great people actively have a say in American politics, but if you're arguing in favor of something without fact checking you just look like a moron to somebody who has. Hence, why the current riots and protesting is stupid. You get one person or a group with a certain agenda then sheep blindly follow.

Edit 2:
Perfect example, just saw a huge argument over this picture. Bunch of nonsense without fact checking. Nobody in the 2000+ comments decided to care what they were arguing about, or even take the time to check a few things. Picture on the left is a NYC worker and it's a stock photo taken right off the net. Yea, a stock photo.

16252465-727962317378664-6516695875805701916-o.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom