Your first car

A5s are really nice.. This is one reason I wouldnt want to live in the states, is because its hard to find European cars. America suck so bad at making cars... its unbelievable :cool:

I think it's not hard finding European cards, it' s just expensive repairing them.
I'm not a fan of American cars either.
They used to be really bad however I think they've improved a lot in the last maybe 5 years?
However I still don't like them.
I don't like the logos, which is a a big deal to me...I know it's weird however it needs to look good.

I'll stick to Toyota, Honda and NIssan.
I wouldn't even mind getting a Hyundai, I Just could never see myself driving a Ford (logo looks old and boring)
But I do think they've gotten better so nothing against them, just preference.

That's from 2008 :p.

Really want my next car to be a Tesla...

+1

The Model S is incredible, well built, great safety rating and the P85D has a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds... in a sedan/saloon. That is absolutely insane. That being said I don't think I could ever afford one.

I could maybe afford the Model 3 though which will be more of a mid range car. If Tesla start putting more of their fast charging stations into the UK it could very well be my next car. If only the interiors were just a bit more exciting...

+1

The Model S is incredible, well built, great safety rating and the P85D has a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds... in a sedan/saloon. That is absolutely insane. That being said I don't think I could ever afford one.

I could maybe afford the Model 3 though which will be more of a mid range car. If Tesla start putting more of their fast charging stations into the UK it could very well be my next car. If only the interiors were just a bit more exciting...

Yeah I don't think I'll be able to afford a Model S anytime soon lol. Model 3 would be starting to get more into my price range (if they drop even lower after the Model 3 that would be fantastic). I'm fine with not a very exciting interior - I'll be happy to not have to pay for gas anymore :p.

I disagree... and point to Five Reasons Why We're Not Proud To Buy American Cars LOL

and the safety level of american cars is non-existent on average. :cool:
You disagreeing is also still just your opinion. You can't disagree when the topic at hand is subjective, and if US companies sucked so bad at making vehicles companies like Ford wouldn't sell so many F150s, or Mustangs, or insert any other popular American car.

On the flip side if we wanted to share such opinions, I could easily sit here and say if international vehicles weren't so expensive to maintain in the states they might actually take over in sales. I'd happily drive something like a German vehicle if parts weren't so expensive and they didn't make things exceptionally complicated to work on requiring a mechanic. Which is going to charge extra to work on it simply because it's an import. Whereas a vehicle like my Mustang is stupid cheap to keep on the road because parts are abundant, I can just head down to any local auto part store and buy what I need without ordering, and I can do all the work myself which makes labor costs moot. Actually I can sit here and say right now I'd be driving an M3 E36 if it didn't cost over 1500 to replace a headgasket and a few other small parts to get on the road back in 09 (when I was going to buy it).

You disagreeing is also still just your opinion. You can't disagree when the topic at hand is subjective, and if US companies sucked so bad at making vehicles companies like Ford wouldn't sell so many F150s, or Mustangs, or insert any other popular American car.

On the flip side if we wanted to share such opinions, I could easily sit here and say if international vehicles weren't so expensive to maintain in the states they might actually take over in sales. I'd happily drive something like a German vehicle if parts weren't so expensive and they didn't make things exceptionally complicated to work on requiring a mechanic. Which is going to charge extra to work on it simply because it's an import. Whereas a vehicle like my Mustang is stupid cheap to keep on the road because parts are abundant, I can just head down to any local auto part store and buy what I need without ordering, and I can do all the work myself which makes labor costs moot. Actually I can sit here and say right now I'd be driving an M3 E36 if it didn't cost over 1500 to replace a headgasket and a few other small parts to get on the road back in 09 (when I was going to buy it).

Ya.

I wouldn't even say any cars are that reliable these days, German or American. I know someone who bought a brand new BMW 520D last year. It had a total engine failure after 2000 miles and was repaired for by BMW at a cost of £12,000.. fortunately covered by warranty.

My first car was a 65hp Volkswagen Polo 1.4 :p When you hit a hill on the motorway at 70mph it would slowly slow down to about 60mph even at full throttle :lol:

Then I had my Seat Ibiza 1.6tdi with 105hp, which was MUCH MUCH better. I could accelerate at a decent pace due to diesel torque and cilmb up hills with no problem.

Now I have my Seat Leon with 280hp, which is better again. It kinda gets annoying how easy it is to break the tyres resulting in wheel hop though. Anywhere above 40mph and that doesn't happen though (even slower when warm). Having effortless overtaking capability right up to and beyond 100mph is satisfying.

youngsters! my first car was a 1967 Dodge Monaco. as cars of that era go, it was pretty average. 25+ feet long, a trunk that would hold 5 people, a 383 cubic inch ( 6.2l) 2 barrel carburetor 235 horsepower V-8 engine, and power drum brakes. it would bury the 120mph speedometer, and got an honest 20 MPG on the highway. but a thirsty 12 MPG around town. it took a LOT of energy to move that 4,300 pound iron box around. here is what it looked like..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wBjOLfruTM . the very best thing about that car, was FREEDOM!

1994 Mazda 626. It was a hand me down from my sister when I was learning how to drive.

A 2004 Fiat Punto 1.3 petrol, had a solid few months of reliable motoring, bought a Mazda 3 with 1.6HDI engine... broke down on the motorway the next day! Got a full refund and now I'm driving my brothers old car, a 2002 Renault Megane (Fidji) 1.6 petrol. Once I got over the fact it was a Renault, I was quite impressed... comfy half leather seats, over 50mpg on a run, and 0-60 in a not too shabby 9 seconds for a family car!

But yeah, I want a Toyota Celica (190), let's see what happens ;p

A 2004 Fiat Punto 1.3 petrol, had a solid few months of reliable motoring, bought a Mazda 3 with 1.6HDI engine... broke down on the motorway the next day! Got a full refund and now I'm driving my brothers old car, a 2002 Renault Megane (Fidji) 1.6 petrol. Once I got over the fact it was a Renault, I was quite impressed... comfy half leather seats, over 50mpg on a run, and 0-60 in a not too shabby 9 seconds for a family car!

But yeah, I want a Toyota Celica (190), let's see what happens ;p

I was strongly considering getting a Mazda 3 around the time I got my car. Do you think your's was a bit of a dud or are Mazdas in general unreliable? The Mazda 3 looks really nice.

Back
Top Bottom