Your first car

MillField

Daemon Poster
I will likely be buying my first car later this year. I have been driving my dads old car for about 2 years but now is the time to get something newer.

I was curious what everyone's first car was and did you think you made a good choice in what you got. :)

'73 Ford Maverick two door with a 250 straight six. Darn good car. Of course this was in 1984...

I got 1958 Desoto from my great aunt for my first car in 1976 - Most of you probably have never even heard of that car. It was great for H.S - the back seat was a twin bed for crying out loud. It had 16K miles on it, but being nearly 20 years old needed work. Back in those days it was tough finding parts for a car that the company no longer existed, etc. So, I ended up selling it and purchasing a newer more reliable car a few years later = 1978 Toyota Celica GT also used but with less than 15K miles on it. Drove that care all thru college until it could not pass inspection in 1989 when it had 165K miles on it.

A 1959 Chevy Biscayne with a 235CI straight six. Bought it in 1970 for $250 when I was 17. That car was too big and heavy for that motor.

59chevy.jpg

This isn't a picture of mine but just like it.

Ya, that 1958 Desoto actually had a pretty big straight 8, and was bigger and heavier than the 1959 Chevy. It was a "boat" as well. I will try to find a pic of one and post it.

Here it is - cant believe someone made this video!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZW7mTkf8rA

Last edited:
ALL YOUR SECURITY ANSWERS ARE BELONG TO US

Omg that cracked me up so much :lol::lol::lol:

I had 2 cars before this, but they weren't technically mine. So first car that was completely in my name making it my "first car" would be a 1968 Mustang with a 200ci straight 6. It was my moms and she gave it to me because she knew I'd work on it and drive it.

2012-03-26192549.jpg~original

Back
Top Bottom