Potentially the longest thread in history...

Ah, I see what you mean by eggshell.

Well, idle temps of 55C on that card are kinda high in my book, so I'm hoping it's temp related lol. I'll see what I can figure out when I clean out my case/components.

lol, laughed for a while at this. just the way your like, 'ahhh, i see what you mean'.

2012-09-19-TGAG_202_The_Breakthrough.jpg

Re: Today I have...

Today I nearly died in style at work :D

A forklift carrying a 2012 Bentley Arnage nearly took my head off when it came round the corner far too quick. 5mph speed limit but he was doing about 20, lol.

If that was my last moment I would be happy knowing I was killed by a Bentley.

Well aside from the screen that's easy.

Exactly. The screen. 2880x1800IPS and 0.7inch all aluminium body doesn't come cheap.
If your happy with a fat, plastic laptop and normal screen then yes you can find one for half the price. But it'll look fugly. I hate cheap ugly feeling products.

It's like saying you can buy a car faster than an Aston Martin for 1/4 the price. Sure, you could, but it's not of the same quality, or the same fit and finish. It's just an inferior experience.

Last edited:
Haha Lol. But still, go find an equivalent spec laptop to my rmbp.

Good luck with that :rolleyes:
Very easy because the specs aren't that great. You can probably find a laptop with the same specs cheap enough and have enough money left over to get an Apple Thunderbolt 27" screen.

Besides, there is no point in having a res that high unless you have a GPU that can push it in games.

Very easy because the specs aren't that great. You can probably find a laptop with the same specs cheap enough and have enough money left over to get an Apple Thunderbolt 27" screen.

Eh ? Like I said, it's all about the screen and thickness. Otherwise I would of got a regular MBP.

edit:

To clarify, i'm not trying to claim it's good value for money. Oh no, I am fully aware they are expensive, and you can get the same hardware spec for cheaper ignoring the display. I just happen to think the display, materials, looks etc are worth the premium.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom