Something I've learned.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
Hey everyone, I wanted too post a few things that I have learned since being given a new system I was given by a friend. I had been giving this old system in the way of running windows XP Home edition.. Immediately I had problems. I found out that Microsoft has stopped support for Windows IE v.8 on XP Systems but are supporting SP2 onwards. I also found out that they are stopping support for Windows XP Security Essentials. I had a lot of trouble finding a browser that would work with XP SP3 + additional updates, but if you do use XP you can run Firefox given you have the right 32 or 64 bit version on your System for in regards too the version of Windows your running.

I have found that what works best is Firefox 26.0 Stable on XP System with the Latest update of Adobe Plugin for your Browser such as you tube. I had too do a lot of playing around.

Since they stopped support for Security essentials, you could try AVG, or another free 32 or 64 Bit Anti Mal were running alongside windows Firewall with the system fully updated threw the Start menu being Windows update.

A lot of people have been saying that Firefox is dead, I had Firefox the latest Ver. running and it was using approx 220Mb + on the System with the RAM, I have downgraded and found threw task Manager that it only uses 120Mb + since downgrading. If you have Adobe Flash 14.0.0.95 I have found that it works fine on my system. The BETA release.

Thanks for taking the time too read, I'm not sure if its just because I'm in a good mood at this Moment in time but I hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom