The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Ste...

and Wildside, tbh I don't see newer drivers making a massive difference to performance. But we can hope :) free performance increases are always nice

hold up Drizzt5, u have to remember, there isnt any decent drivers yet for the 4850 n 4870, so they can do a lot better with better drivers, these benchmarks we see are early ones.

Ya, and since im comparing the 4850 and 4870 in crossfire, newer drivers may make the performance jump. But this isn't one of those Nvidia vs ATI comparisons. This is a comparison of 2 ATI cards in crossfire. Any performance increase for one, should be expected for the other. So I still think 2x 4850's is gigantic bang/buck compared to 2x 4870's.

Which isn't bad either :) .

Oh, and I'm sick of the 'BUT WAIT FOR THE DRIVERS!" screams from everyone after products are released to the public. Companies should start making a practice of releasing products with good drivers so we don't have to speculate on how they will perform later.
It seems like I usually hear this about ATI products, but lately I've been hearing it about the gtx280.

Aye. when I had my 8800 it was still getting performance boosts from every new driver set that came out, and the card was released years ago. I'm not talking leaps and bounds with each update or nothin, but boosts for newer games and such that come out.
Though it would be nice if they just performed at 130% right off the line >.>

hey remember when ati's drivers made my hd2900 loads better!!! man was i ever happy i waited for those drivers...

oh wait... that didnt happen... 2900 still blows...

lol.. lets hope history doesnt repeat itself

The thing is these cards are already beast, so I wouldn't have a problem with drivers not making the card loads better.

I think ATi and nVidia just released something like yesterday (like a bunch of hours ago [its 1 here])

So maybe the performance jump is already happening?!

hey remember when ati's drivers made my hd2900 loads better!!! man was i ever happy i waited for those drivers...

oh wait... that didnt happen... 2900 still blows...

lol.. lets hope history doesnt repeat itself

lol dude :)

but I liked the fact that they released cut downed HD 2900XT's (aka the Pro) which was kind of nice to soft-mod

Wasn't a fan of the heat it outputted along with the performance hit from the AA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom