The Next-Gen Review Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SLI is absolute crap. I really wish all these places would factor in the headaches and trash that come from using SLI and nvidia chipsets along with the game having to support it. Playing AoC i actually have my SLI disabled now because i keep getting lockups. The 280 has roughly the same performance as SLI 9800GTX in age of conan but it wont have the constant freezing i get with it. Most likely at this point i'm going to just get a single gtx280 and probably an x38 board and toss SLI to the curb like the dirty wench it is. After the 4870 reviews that is.

im really liking my 750i ftw veedub thanks for recomending it, i have yet to oc on it but, this north bridge is way cooler then my old x38 at 52c idle while this one is at 24c idle.theres also the conundroum of me having duel monitors i forgot about that one... the problem is that the gtx280 is so expensive when sli 8800gts will only cost me another 250$. is it really all that many head aches veed?

All depends on what game you are playing. I have had AoC locking up on me repeatedly and i couldnt figure out what was causing it. So upon the suggestion of a guildie that i disable SLI because AoC "doesnt support it" i tried it just for the heck of it, and the lockups went away. Now i barely have 25-30fps but at least i dont have to worry about the game freezing in the middle of a fight.

its sad to say we wont really know how fast they truely are until one of us gets our hands on one, and over clocks our cpu's close to 4.0 so looks like either I, Veed, noss, or hhammen need to pick one up. allthought im preaty sure hhammen will be buying 3 for tri sli, should be considerably faster then sli 9800gx2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom