Wow. i suck..

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got there cause they both cost money and this is OT where everything gets taken OT by a single comment......

Just like this.

^That happened to my socket A computer, after about 4 years of very little use i started using it a lot, after about a month the psu went. Luckily it did not take anything with it, just left a very fowl ruber smell in the room. (fyi it was a 100w, or maybe 150w psu)

How many watts is it??

Put a 70% load and see how long it lasts.

600 watts.

I will be running:

Hard Drive
ATI 4870
2gb Ram
P35C-DS3R
E6850

Maybe a DVD drive.

The reason i am so doubtfull about failing PSU's is because my dads job is to design and build servers, he brings home specification and pricing sheets. He buy's skimpy, cheep, and what you would say is certainly unadequate PSU's for the servers and has no problems. He used to to buy good ones, he got told off for spending too much, so he cut down on the pricing of PSU's 5 years ago and hasn't had any problems since.

600 watts.

I will be running:

Hard Drive
ATI 4870
2gb Ram
P35C-DS3R
E6850

Maybe a DVD drive.

The reason i am so doubtfull about failing PSU's is because my dads job is to design and build servers, he brings home specification and pricing sheets. He buy's skimpy, cheep, and what you would say is certainly unadequate PSU's for the servers and has no problems. He used to to buy good ones, he got told off for spending too much, so he cut down on the pricing of PSU's 5 years ago and hasn't had any problems since.

Thats not a 600 watt load, all that is around 300.

Get two 4870's and load the system and see what happens.

Wow, i cant find any reviews on a ez cool psu....man i really suggest you stay away
from it, id hate to see you make on a thread on how you just killed your whole system.

Those cheap psu's that say they can do 600w dont get near that high, and remember the psu has to draw ac current from the wall and convert it into dc.

So if you have a 300 watt load, it may draw 450 watts at the wall and that psu will not run over 70% load guaranteed.

well i think i will just use the 2 molex to one pci-e then, and use the normal pci-e aswell for the graphics card.

Hiper = entire pc
EZcool = DVD drive

If it fails under the load of a DVD drive...i'd laugh uncontrollabley.

^umm, if u are now getting the psu, just to power a dvd drive, why not just well use a molex double...way cheaper, and more practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom