Windows Vista RC1 Beta Avaliable For Public Download!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, this little teaser will definately get people to buy Vista when it is released. So I'm not sure if I want to try it.

Vybuni said:
Does anyone know how well it does in a dual-boot with XP? (Actually a triple-boot with XP & Ubuntu)
I'm dual booting it with XP, no problems.

So far, Vista is, um.... ok :confused:

I got a problem, i burned the ISO to a DVD+R at 4X using Nero, and it won't read from the BIOS.

What's wrong?

I just installed it and I'm not very impressed. It took a **** long time to install. Now that it is installed, however, it won't let me boot into XP or load Grub, and its ****ing me off. If anyone knows something that might help, I'm all ears (or eyes, as it is).

Maybe it's a good thing I didn't install it; I mean your computer is pretty nice :), and it's slow with Vista.

I installed vista a few days ago. lt did take a very long time to install, but it finally did and it kind of looks nice. Recently i ran into another problem: I decided to reinstall win XP on its original partition (XP on C, Vista on D). But now when I boot I don't get the option of whic OS to load. It goes straight to XP, any suggestions?

Plus it would be nice to know where i can get a key.

ncjimn - Use the Vista boot disc and repair the installation. It will reinstall the Vista bootloader, letting you boot vista.

Its official now, I hate vista. I've been working for most of last night and all of this morning trying to get XP and ubuntu working again. I can't even repair my XP install because I don't have my administrative password because I didn't make any, and it refuses to accept nothing as the pasword. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

But now when I boot I don't get the option of whic OS to load. It goes straight to XP, any suggestions?

Find your boot.ini file and modify it to look like:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows Vista" /fastdetect

Make sure that's the correct information first, I don't know your system so I'm not sure. Bad boot.ini file = no boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom