Mouse/Keyboard not working during windows 7 Pro Installation

itaiii

Baseband Member
I was willing to install windows 7, so I downloaded the windows 7 Professional-64bit ISO and burned it to my USB drive (16GB) and everything worked perfectly.

Then I booted on my USB drive and once the windows files loaded and the install windows appeared, my mouse and keyboard weren't working and now I'm stuck with this problem.

I have already tried integrating USB 3.0 drivers into windows 7 USB Media, but doesn't seem to work... idk if I did something wrong but I'm desperate and don't know what to do.

What kind of motherboard are you installing 7 on?
If this board has USB 3.X ports then you'll need to get drivers because Windows 7 does not natively support USB 3.X. Some manufactures provide a legacy option in the bios to enable usb 2.0...Some do not. You can not install drivers that are "packaged" from a manufacture during the Windows 7 install...You'll need the "raw drivers" which is what I think to be is just an .inf file. fernando can provide you with the drivers for this.
Please provide the specs for this board so you can get better help.

Last edited:
What kind of motherboard are you installing 7 on?
If this board has USB 3.X ports then you'll need to get drivers because Windows 7 does not natively support USB 3.X. Some manufactures provide a legacy option in the bios to enable usb 2.0...Some do not. You can not install drivers that are "packaged" from a manufacture during the Windows 7 install...You'll need the "raw drivers" which is what I think to be is just an .inf file.
Please provide the specs for this board so you can get better help.
Hello, thanks for your reply.
My motherboard is a :TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
I have already tried integrating USB 3.0 drivers into windows 7 USB Media, but still keyboard/mouse didn't work.

Last edited:
Asus is not providing any support for Windows 7 on that board. You can get the USB ports to work but anything else is a second hand guess. fernando's download page for your drivers is here:
https://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-Drivers-original-and-modded.html
But attempting to install Windows 7 on that particular board still might be questionable. Good luck.
thanksssss, I will try to do that :). still kinda confusing; which driver should I get exactly ? If that doesn't work, would using a ps2 mouse/keyboard to setup the windows work ? and then I can install later on the drivers to make it work ?

Well...if you have an Intel board... your going to need the Intel driver.
The Asus bios does not give any indication that the bios will support the option to install Windows 7. You can install the raw driver onto the . iso of your Windows 7 and burn that to a usb or dvd drive. Or you can point to that driver during the install process Thoroughly read that post from fernando!

Well...if you have an Intel board... your going to need the Intel driver.
The Asus bios does not give any indication that the bios will support the option to install Windows 7. You can install the raw driver onto the . iso of your Windows 7 and burn that to a usb or dvd drive. Or you can point to that driver during the install process Thoroughly read that post from fernando!
is as = asus ? Edit: welp, idk how 2 integrade the drivers onto the iso.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom