Windows 10

I get where you are coming from with Linux distro, but have you tried Arch Linux? Anyway, what do you think about this comparison given here? In the end...there really is no winner right??
I've tried Arch. I never understood why people use it (I don't buy the "I want to understand what I'm doing"). If you want something that is small and simple, just install Debian. The only thing that I would take the trouble to install (but never did) is Gentoo. The fact that it's not pre-compiled really interests me. Although I hear compiling takes forever on old hardware.

Purely from the OS perspective, there is no winner. The only reason why I have Windows is because of AutoCAD (I need it for school), games, MS Office, and maybe hardware support, but not because the OS is better somehow (however, I do think the Windows DE is awesome, better than anything you could find in Linux distros). Neither is Linux. However I would have switched to Linux, simply because it's oriented to people interested in Computer Science, and there is enough documentation to learn a good deal. Try googling "Microsoft Windows Documentation".

About the comparison, it about sums up everything there is to know. You should read this one: http://downtoearthlinux.com/posts/11-reasons-to-avoid-linux/ pay extra attention to the comments, and the part about Linus Torvalds. What a nut job.

My views on Windows 10 have changed over time. I tried it when it first came out on my Windows 8.1 computer. I didn't care for it so I reverted back to 8.1. I built a new computer in October and the motherboard only supports Windows 10. Since then I've had no issues at all with it. My computer is faster and more stable. Of course that might be due to having newer more powerful parts.

I've tried Windows 10 just becuz everyone was using it.

I think it's an ok OS, but I don't use it for my main computer. I like using W7 and have always like 7 becuz it works great with my programs use.

Also, I have to agree that Windows Defender on 10 works very well.

Back
Top Bottom