Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

You can remove the Recycle Bin from teh desktop. I have no icons on my desktop, but i do have Gadgets.

I'm confused. How did you pin it and I do not see anything in the libraries folder? When I right click on Recycle Bin I do not see any option to pin it.

Thanks for the help.

Drag and drop it. When you drag it over the Super Bar it will give you the option to pin it to the Explorer Icon that is already there.

Mak, u changed the name of the thread.

My dad got a 1TB network drive n i read that Windows 7 Professional has the 'Backup to Network' feature where u can backup ur HDD through the network. Another one is 'System Image Backup' that makes an image of ur HDD. However, Professional can create through network location, Home Premium cant. So, im screwed?

got a very well detailed comparison of all version features: Compare Windows 7 Editions - Windows 7 Forums

I have a problem. I'm trying to run stalker clear sky, but it says i need to run it as an administrator for the first time. I right clicked on it and clicked start as administrator but it give me the same error. The account is an administrator, so i don't understand why it wont run. A notification also pops up at the same time saying a driver was blocked due to compatibility issues. I tried running it in compatibility mode to no avail. Some help on the matter would be nice. Thanks

I have a problem. I'm trying to run stalker clear sky, but it says i need to run it as an administrator for the first time. I right clicked on it and clicked start as administrator but it give me the same error. The account is an administrator, so i don't understand why it wont run. A notification also pops up at the same time saying a driver was blocked due to compatibility issues. I tried running it in compatibility mode to no avail. Some help on the matter would be nice. Thanks

try reinstalling it.

Windows 7 SP1 Here By Summer 2010?

Obviously Microsoft is already working away at the first Service Pack for Windows 7, but thats about all we know. Well now the Russian site wzor.net, which gave away lots of leaks leading up to the final release of Windows 7 has released time frame information about the release of the first Windows 7 service pack.
According to this rumor Windows 7 SP1 will have two betas and two release candidates. It's also possible that developers will get the first beta as early as December 2009. The finally RTM version of SP1 is set to be released in summer 2010 and will be RTW ( Release To Web ) by autumn 2010. Now this is all according to Russian site wzor.net and nothing has been announced officially be Microsoft.

Windows 7 SP1 Here By Summer 2010?

Obviously Microsoft is already working away at the first Service Pack for Windows 7, but thats about all we know. Well now the Russian site wzor.net, which gave away lots of leaks leading up to the final release of Windows 7 has released time frame information about the release of the first Windows 7 service pack.
According to this rumor Windows 7 SP1 will have two betas and two release candidates. It's also possible that developers will get the first beta as early as December 2009. The finally RTM version of SP1 is set to be released in summer 2010 and will be RTW ( Release To Web ) by autumn 2010. Now this is all according to Russian site wzor.net and nothing has been announced officially be Microsoft.

Blu-ray playback plz! Lol that is all i ask.

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

question, which is better? AVG 9.0 Free or the Microsoft AV Essentials?
I prefer Anonsoft® Common Sense™ 2009
It doesn't use any extra system resources, and has the best detection rate and removal tools.
Wildside said:
i use Rocketdock for my games. Do i win?
Dock apps are kind of obsolete in Windows 7
Blu-ray playback plz! Lol that is all i ask.
Whenever I get a new blu-ray movie, I just use AnyDVD and copy the .m2ts file to one of my hard drives.
I find it easier; plus, hard drives are faster.

Mind you, I've found that only h.264 movies play in WMP 12; VC1 movies won't. So I use MPC-HC with DXVA

Back
Top Bottom