Windows 7 constant blue screening

Well something else I found out is before it bsods, it keeps opening up this one process repeatedly, until there was like ten of them open, which after the comp would crash. I'll get the process name. Also, there is no error messege usalluy.

Edit: Oh wait, I just got the IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal error. Usually its either that, or nothing at all. But most times nothing.

Edit2: The process name is Internert explore low mic utility tool. Each time it opens, it uses 242 KB of memory. This process does not open up in safe mode, and I crash less in Safe-mode, the only error that crashes me in safemode is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. So I just gotta figure out how to make sure the process doesn't start up again, ever.

Run Memory test
Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic
Run Hard Drive Test
http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/support/SetupOGT900.exe

Beyond that it will be Drivers or Virus/Spyware...If both test pass then try running scans in safemode with networking. Update your software first...

Last edited by a moderator:
Already ran windows memory test, no errors. However, I will run the hard drive test.

Edit: It couldn't open. I got an error:
File not found: scsioat.dll

Last edited:
Already ran windows memory test, no errors. However, I will run the hard drive test.

Edit: It couldn't open. I got an error:
File not found: scsioat.dll

Try running MBAM in safe mode after you update it. Install it / update it in normal mode (if you can), and then boot into Safe Mode and run a full scan.

If nothing turns up from that, then run a chkdsk on your HDD. Open command prompt as administrator (Start > type cmd > right click > Run as Admin), and type in the following:
chkdsk c: /f /r

Also, please get us the STOP code at the bottom of the BSOD (should say STOP: 0x000000## where ## is an alphanumeric combination). Also, write down if it references a driver file (some ****.sys file) below the STOP code. Get those bits of info to us, and we can help out more.

Back
Top Bottom