why is everyone so bias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its technical word is calculations per clock, and AMD can do more calculations per clock than Intel, but please read ALL posts in that thread I linked to before digging deeper. :p

Dude come on and get your facts right! Before you start yelling #s ******** you better research an AMD processor. You are trying to have an argument on a forum that knows almost as much as you can possibly know about AMD and Intel processors! You should seriously consider researching the AMD architecture and youll find that the "3500+, 3800+ ect" has a reason behind it. It started w/ the AthlonXP models that a 3000+ could match or outperform a P4 3.0ghz Northwood or equivalent. In many cases it was right and i stand by that. Seriously, #s dont mean everything now and i can assure you that that 3000+ wouldnt necesarily beat out the Intel at multitasking or encoding but that 3000+ would certainly make mince meat out of the Intel in gaming. If your older than 16 then you would remember the magazines trying to explain the architecture like a "quad pumped" cpu or w/e. That isnt the case anymore w/ AMDs X2s. THats why we are such fan boys and thats also the reason why we suggest AMD for everything becase at this moment they ARE the best for everything, hands down.

I know this and I TOO was part of the "well the #s are bigger" band wagon. Well you know what? Instead of being ignorant and making a thread like this i did some simple GOOGLE research and found out WHY it had the P-rating. Also, dont come into here and start a thread like this and not expect to get flamed. Its just comon sense that you will be.

On an Intel note if you paying ANY lick of attention you would realize all the talk about Intel recently about their new cores and how they will OWN AMD unless AMD gets their heads outa their asses and do something about it. Maybe you should read things before you jump to conclusions.

well mabey we can get back to the point of everyone being less bias ill admit im slightly bias for intel because i own 1, but im aslo willing to say mine atleast has 2 drawbacks #1 after i finish playing a game like bf2 my compt will be almost in what i call a drunk state where for around 20sec i still hear the music of the game and i cant do anything #2 runs kinda hot but i dont have anything against amd i would happily use either brand

I have nothing against Intel either. After all they where the ones that started it and where around longer. You just gotta realize that when somebody asks for the best, if AMD is the best were gonna give it to them. As you can see there ARE alot of Intels on this board actualy. And the guy you where trying to flame (Pzero) about being such a fan boy actualy has more Intels than AMDs.

Captain Buck said:
well mabey we can get back to the point of everyone being less bias ill admit im slightly bias for intel because i own 1, but im aslo willing to say mine atleast has 2 drawbacks #1 after i finish playing a game like bf2 my compt will be almost in what i call a drunk state where for around 20sec i still hear the music of the game and i cant do anything #2 runs kinda hot but i dont have anything against amd i would happily use either brand

aright i was on your side for a few posts, but honestly is not being biased. its a fact that AMD can do more per clock cycle than intel's and they are better for gaming. intel's are better for number crunching such as encoding. the new intel's that will be coming out will own AMD unless AMD does something. that's not bias, that's fact.

P.P. Mguire said:
Actualy Intel dosent hold the # crunching crown anymore. X2s hold that now and they also still hold gaming against Intel as well.

wow, i didn't know that. i guess AMDs are all around leaders now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom