why is everyone so bias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your the one saying you would choose intel over AMD just because of the higher clock speeds for regular normal use??? You call that not biased? Uh yeah just because it has higher clock speeds doesnt mean its better. :rolleyes:

I also have 4 Intel computers, and 1 AMD system.. I personally enjoy my intel laptops

Captain Buck said:
ive already said how i chose intel over amd because i dont multi task and id rather have a high clock speed for doing 1 thing at a time

Please return when you have read this: http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=34691

Have a nice day. :p

(There is also a Conroe thread which you may like, as most of us here (including me) are looking forward to seeing the final product from Intel.)

(Also, laptops = Pentium M (period.))

infiltrator7 said:
yeah, he's saying you're a noob because you obviously don't know much about processor speed. intel's have high clock speed numbers, but that doesn't mean that the clock speeds are faster than amd's, that's why he's saying you're a noob cause you obviously didn't know that.

did u read what u said? "intel's have high clock speed numbers, but that doesn't mean that the clock speeds are faster than amd's" if the clock speed numbers are higher doesnt that mean they are faster...

No cause they haev different architectures.

And your calling yourself not an n00b because you rely soley on numbers and no proof...

And mr. buck i think you have 36,171 members against you also :D

Captain Buck said:
did u read what u said? "intel's have high clock speed numbers, but that doesn't mean that the clock speeds are faster than amd's" if the clock speed numbers are higher doesnt that mean they are faster...
no. i'll use the famous fat man analogy. amd is a fatman carrying bricks. now he's gonna be slower at carrying the bricks than a skinny intel guy, but he can carry more bricks than the intel guy at once. so the skinny intel guy is faster, but the fat AMD guy can carry more bricks, meaning AMD has a lower clock score, but it gets more done with it. someone please correct me if i butchered that analogy.

well numbers tend to stay constant so yes i do like to put my beliefs in numbers all the stats for all the compts are in number form

infiltrator7 said:
no. i'll use the famous fat man analogy. amd is a fatman carrying bricks. now he's gonna be slower at carrying the bricks than a skinny intel guy, but he can carry more bricks than the intel guy at once. so the skinny intel guy is faster, but the fat AMD guy can carry more bricks, meaning AMD has a lower clock score, but it gets more done with it. someone please correct me if i butchered that analogy.

Just edited ^^ :eek: i didnt know that :p

infiltrator7 i agree with what u said but u still contradicted yourself because u did say the amd's clock was faster

Captain Buck said:
infiltrator7 i agree with what u said but u still contradicted yourself because u did say the amd's clock was faster

i don't remember saying that. and yes i did edit my post, lol.

Captain Buck said:

They're faster than AMD's clock cycle, yes. But AMD can do more in one clock cycle. And due to this, AMD will beat out it's Intel equilivent or better (at least at this point in time).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom