Why are people so sue happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "suing"mentality stems from the whole "it's someone else's fault" crap. Almost no one accepts the responsibility for his or her own actions; it is always the fault of another.

Kid breaks in a house and beats up an elderly couple. It's the parents' fault because they weren't supportive enough.

Man leaves his wife and kids and shacks up with the local hussy. It's the wife's fault for not being sexy enough for him.

A college student is caught copying off of another student's test. It is the other student's fault because he did not cover up his test good enough.

A couple files for bankruptcy due to a huge amount of unsecured debt. It is the credit card companies' fault for giving them the credit cards.

From where I sit, all of that is nothing more than hogwash. Each person should be held accountable for their own actions, period. I will stand up and take whatever I get for my actions and I expect the same from everyone else. That's how I run this place... I am fair, but I hold each member responsible for their actions, be they good or bad.

There have been times I could have sued a company or individual but didn't. Unless the affront was grievous or negligent it would not serve a purpose. Accidents happen sometimes, often in spite of the best precautions taken.

Man leaves his wife and kids and shacks up with the local hussy. It's the wife's fault for not being sexy enough for him.

i thought that was understandable? :D

but to be serious, be glad people sue left and right, it does do some good, it helps keep people more honest. atleast i think ?

i thought that was understandable? :D

but to be serious, be glad people sue left and right, it does do some good, it helps keep people more honest. atleast i think ?

i dunno...i just think it needs to have more guidelines

Your hamburger comes with a finger on it..sure sue..but sue the chef who put it there, not the whole chain of restaurants.

you order hot coffee you get burned..don't sue because it's not labeled as hot..you know better

you cereal doesn't have exactly 429 pieces in the box...don't sue :|

cereal has anthrax in it...yea i can see suing over that.

people just think they need to sue over everything. Physical harm (that you didn't deserve) i could see suing and ^^^ some of those...but it's out of hand personally

Some things I understand suing like wafflehammer said. But also at the same time, some of it is just straight ********. I forget who mentioned the robber breaking into a house and getting shot by a shotgun and suing, but now in North Dakota it is legal for homeowners to shoot trespassers/thieves.

I've got nothing to say but...you're all crazy over in the US :)

Over here it's like a million times less bad. I mean sure, occasionally you'll still get people suing for the stupidest reasons, but not half as many as over your side of the world.

I am going to sue rice crispies as they don't snap, crackle and pop at least one of those sounds must be wrong!!!

I am also suing Mc Donalds for taking 5 minutes to get me a burger thus causing me to be late for college. This then caused me to miss part of my lesson causing me to fail my exams, preventing me from attaining the job that pays the optimum for my capabilities. They should pay me £100,000 for loss of future earnings.

George Carlin said:
I had a argument with my rice crispies this morning, I was sitting there minding my own business and I distinctly heard snap, crackle, **** him.

I love carlin.

I've got nothing to say but...you're all crazy over in the US :)

Over here it's like a million times less bad. I mean sure, occasionally you'll still get people suing for the stupidest reasons, but not half as many as over your side of the world.

I think maybe other Americans might not agree with me, but I really do feel that the US particularly has this inate self-righteous attitude that "the world owes ME something." I wouldn't say that, if I didn't see it all too often, specifically when the issue is sue-happy people. No, I know that NOT everyone is like that in the US, but we hear about it all the time in the US. Part of the problem is the judicial system for letting it happen to begin with.

Re: Carlin, RIP George you are still sorely missed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom