Why are people so sue happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to sue you :p I knew that we got a good share of our wood from Canada. Granted I've seen most of it on trains that drive by, or on jobsites.

The case about robber who was shot by trap inside a house, even that it sounds crazy, I can understand why the robber won. If I remember correctly, there is a law that prohibit use of traps (hidden) on your property.
Booby Traps Law & Legal Definition

The problem that people sure for almost any reason, is that its don't cost them anything to do it. Lawyers would come to them, listen their case, if they think it can be won, they will take it and share profit with them.

I think in USA, system should be set like in UK, where both parties have to pay. Maybe at least it will discourage stupid cases like that. At least I heard that in UK people sue much less.

In the UK we have no win no fee and all costs recovered from the other side solicitors.

Really? I heard that if you lost, you have to pay for both parties (yourself and other) or something that. I mean fees for lawyers.. etc

That is true for some cases not tohers, if it's somthing like sueing the city for a wet floor in the town hall etc no win no fee but if it's somthing like sueing the govenment for a exsessive ammount like 8 million etc you have to pay at judges discression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom