Which is the best of the Linux.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would try out mepis. It is based on knoppix so it has awesome hardware detection. To install video drivers you just select ati, nvidia, or none. It is easy and has a great forum. I highly recomend it.

GameGURU said:
I like SuSE 9.3, but if you run dual boot you are bound to have problems. Mine just crashed yesterday after progressivley getting worse, so I am still trying to decide if I should dump windows or dump linux.
Dump SuSE. I've had GRUB problems, and X crash twice. You should be advanced enough to step up to Slackware or pure Deb.

Sevoma said:
I would try out mepis. It is based on knoppix so it has awesome hardware detection. To install video drivers you just select ati, nvidia, or none. It is easy and has a great forum. I highly recomend it.

Mepis is not based off Knoppix. It is based off Debian; Knoppix is ALSO based off Debian. Knoppix is primarily intended as a live CD, though you can install it to the hard drive. Mepis, though it functions as a workable Live CD, seems to be intended for HDD installation.

macdude425 said:
Dump SuSE. I've had GRUB problems, and X crash twice. You should be advanced enough to step up to Slackware or pure Deb.

I have thought about it, but after my new installation everything is working ok so far. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom