whatsapp real time hack, How?? can be be tracked and proven?

I know all company's can monitor, but he has said his employer, not the IT guy. plus he has now said around 10 people are aware of it and gossip... so it sounds less of monitoring and more of a direct attack on a user with some cort of tool. So the boss may be an *** and wanted to pick on him..

who do you think these companies are if not the employer?

first the IT guy? - who do you think that IT guy works for? uuuuh the employer?
and why do you think the employer/company pays the IT guys??

so IT guy is necessarily party to the information, the employer wants and can get the information.

and you'll have most likely signed a waiver to say that you're happy with that when you started, you;ll have most likely clicked OK I AGREE every day before you logon.

There are no limits on who this data can be shared with. (well technically there are, but actions for joining groups. - unless the nature of the groups was sensitive would not matter.

It sounds like its just whatsapp and not all traffic, so must have some sort of app that can see a users activity (I know facebook use to have one until they shut it down).
sounds like whatsapp was the only thing of interest.

Actually it sounds more like the OP was dicking about in work time. and probably has been for a while and it's gotten to the point that his employer is watching him now and exclaiming loudly now he;s joining groups, (presumably rather than actually doing his work!) - so less a everyone gangs up on the poor innocent guy and more, work shy guy who consistently lets his work slide and plays on phone is soon to be shown the door.

So far as the legality goes.
if they use traffic capture and packet analysis to see what he's doing on the network then that's fine.

if they shoulder surfed or key logged a password then logged in as him at another time without him knowing so that they could watch his whatsapp account, silently receiving messages in parallel to him, without his authorization. then that is illegal.

not that it matters... - it only matters about it being illegal if you can prove it an intend to pursue it.

Ok from what Im understanding and were both assuming here (different opinions) To me it sounds like when the OP says employer he means his boss not the COMPANY.. given he is referring to individuals and never a department or team or company...

If im wrong ok, but it sounds like its a person doing it, not part of the IT policy or signed contract. if he is not on wifi or their network I dont see how they can justify this without first warning him of his actions.

My comapny or boss would not be allow to track my personal mobile even in work! I work along side the IT security / data protection department and this doesnt even come into talk as its a breach.

Last edited:
The company employs about 30 -40 people

key figures in the hacking i believe were my boss, a weasel colleague and the It tech guy
this caused the whole office to work in his favour, youre just going to have to take my word for that

"Actually it sounds more like the OP was dicking about in work time. and probably has been for a while and it's gotten to the point that his employer is watching him now"

My boss has never questioned me about using my phone whilst at work, and its mainly I use it every now and then and at break times..plus iv been on time and smashing my targets, plus im on probation so they could let me go at anytime but the couldn't without a good reason,

what it could have been is i spoke to his boss about a situation....and he was telling everyone i undermined him, but told this one person who was involved in this situation i spoke to his boss about; the reason why i didn't go to my boss is because he was taking sides with the other guy...I over heard them a few months back saying they were gonna get rid of me.. so they twisted things and turned things against me for whatever reason....so i guess they planned to force me to leave as they couldn't sack me for an legit reason

there's a possibility they tampered with my keyboard, to gain access to my login details,

but if my gmail is syncnised to my android, surely they must have used illegal software to tap in to my whats text messages, videos, web history etc

As far as reading my whatsapp in real time do you think from what i have gathered, they were only able to monitor what was going on on my personal phone, (which was not connected to ther wifi), or they could freely browse through my personal space!!!

Thanks

I knew this sounded personal. :cool:

A key logger can be added between your keyboard cable and PC, allowing all keystrokes to be captured and logged, this means all websites, emails, passwords entered - the attacker will know and be able to easily access all your personal sites and instant messengers.

Have you got an android smartphone? as there is plenty of apps (spyware) that can monitor whatsapp activity.

Do you use a password or pin on your smartphone? if a password, then its possible with keylogger, to gain access to your mobile.

I'd suggest you back up all your mobile data and do a factory reset, also reset your passwords.

If you feel this is a very serious issue and they have hacked you, you can contact the police, but you will need strong evidence that you have been hacked and by who.

Last edited:
That would make a lot of sense, as my keyboard was placed differently to how i normally leave it...

"Do you use a password or pin on your smartphone? if a password, then its possible with keylogger, to gain access to your mobile."

yes its an android, i have a four digit password on it, so are you saying through, logging on to my gmail though a computer, they can access my phone as it was synched to my gmail, How is that possible???

Also i'm guessing they have had access to my search history, text messages etc

However using my phone as a GPS tracking device or a listening device is out of the question or is it?

Do you think they would have my Whatsapp messages saved somewhere or my whatsapp backed up data (fromm google drive), is that possible?

i mean its a breach in privacy, of me and all contacts, however getting hard proof evidence thats the hard part... im not sure how i could do that or how to track it, but its still worth mentioning to if not the police, to legal advice Burea or if can find myself a ethical hacker,..

just for clarity:
Your employer is the business that pays you, not the guy who hired you, not your line manger, not his line manager, not the CEO... your employer unless you work for a sole trader not a person.

We don't know what contracts are signed, and what welcome banners are present, all I'm saying is that increasingly, more and more companies are putting these kinds of things into affect.

as for tracking your mobile.
again, your mobile connected to your network then no they can't trace it. so when you're at home, then can't (or shouldn't spy on you), connect using your cellular plan, then they have no reason to "spy" on you.
put data on their network and it's not your data any more. (i,e deep packet inspection is fine for ISPs, it's your data, their network) including data from your personal mobile.
My boss has never questioned me about using my phone whilst at work, and its mainly I use it every now and then
just to be clear, you *do* use your phone when you should be working, but you think it's OK, because you manage to hit your targets anyway?

couldn't without a good reason,
you're on probation, they can just let you go, change their mind etc. again it depends on the specific nature of the contracts you signed.
a lot of people take probation as a short term contract. in effect, they wouldn't get rid of you they would just not extend your contract.

there's a possibility they tampered with my keyboard, to gain access to my login details,
specifically, I'm not just trying to side with your company, but they fiddled with their keyboard, attached to their computer running their software connected to their network and their internet powered by their electricity.

and as I said, whilst nobody here has seen your contract, it maybe that you already signed a company policy that allows them to do that, (and they don't need to ask again when they enforce or don't enforce monitoring clauses. they don't need to "let you know")

my expectation is that they pulled off the "hack" in one of a few ways.
either you had connected to their wifi, and didn't realize.
or:
you had logged into your gmail account, they have stolen the password and logged in using a different computer.
or:
your what's app is sync'd with an email account. and they have signed into what's app on another device using your details that they have stolen.
or:
they have installed software on your phone.

But notice, like I said earlier, the last ones: logging in "as you" using your password, or installing softwware on your devices without your knowledge are almost certainly criminal, regardless of how they obtained the password.
(e.g I could tell you my password, but it's still illegal for you to log in as me and access my data. - but it's not illegal for you to analyze that data if I access or store that data on your systems (hence Deep packet inspection at ISP level, targeted advertising in Gmail etc.)

you can contact the police,
this is very true, and the part about evidence. though to be fair, I'm not sure what evidence you have...
You say that you think that your boss is out to get you, because went and told on another employee that he manages to his boss. and now you think that there is a conspiracy involving several departments of the company hacking your passwords and watching your every move on whatapp, and you base this theory on something that you believe that you overheard?

Before you reset your phone, - which would erase whatever they have put on there, I'd have a look at the running programs, access using root and search for running programs that may be hidden from the task manager.

i guess they planned to force me to leave
do you really want to work for a company like that. - it's unlikely that they are going to sack everyone else around you. so lets that that your *win* and your boss is found out as a really bad person who has been spying on you in an illegal way.
what's next? he's not going to jail for this, so chances are you'll still have to work with/for him. he'll still be your boss.

i dont mena to ask this again but i just have t know:

Do you think they would have my Whatsapp messages saved somewhere or my whatsapp backed up data (fromm google drive), is that possible?

"so when you're at home, then can't (or shouldn't spy on you)
but it is possible?

"you're on probation, they can just let you go"
That's why i didn't understand they just didn't, granted they had to give me one months notice, but i think they would have found it hard to justify to everyone else why they let me go, which they wouldn't have been able to

"Before you reset your phone, - which would erase whatever they have put on there, I'd have a look at the running programs, access using root and search for running programs that may be hidden from the task manager."

Sorry, How do i do that ? :S

Thanks to your heart, brain and finger tips for all know how guy :D

that's impossible to say without knowing how or what they have done to access them.
but in all cases that I can think of (packet capture wire sniffing, using an app to sign on as you, signing on as you on a different device) it's possible that they can copy and paste text, or even just screen capture what they are doing.

so either as text or a picture of text you could assume that they *may* have some "evidence". but that's only if they saved it.

"so when you're at home, then can't (or shouldn't spy on you)
but it is possible?
Again it depends on the exact method.
if they were just (somehow) intercepting and analyzing the network traffic, then no. when they aren't in a place where that traffic can be analysed then they can't spy on you.

conversely, if they installed spyware on your phone. yes, they can spy on you any time that they could connect to your device.

if they are just signing in as you, then conversations will be delivered to your AND them. so yes, they would be able to see what you were saying in multiple places all the time.

but i think they would have found it hard to justify to everyone else why they let me go, which they wouldn't have been able to
Again, you;re over complicating this, they don't have to justify their employment decisions to anybody. the best excuse that they would have needed was "he just didn't fit in socially."
given that you already said that you've argued with both your co-workers and your boss and escalated issues over your bosses head (did you go behind his back thinking that he'd side with the other guy rather than talk to him first?) - he just didn't fit in would be essentially completely plausible!

Sorry, How do i do that ? :S
you'll need some app to unlock your phone to root mode. - there are plenty available for each different device or version of android. so look at what version you have. then search for an app to give you root access.

there are plenty of terminal applications that you can use to execute commands in root mode after you've unlocked root for your phone.

once you're in the command prompt you;ll be able to run a simple command like PS to view what processes are running.

Back
Top Bottom