whatsapp real time hack, How?? can be be tracked and proven?

bushido

Solid State Member
My employers have been tracking my Whatsapp real time, at work whilst I've been sending messages off my personal phone

However i thought they could read my backed up data as my Whatsapp messages back up to google drive, as my gmail is synchronized to my android, and I access my Gmail through the work servers.

So could they possibly have access to my Gmail password?

This gmail account is connected to my Linkedin,Twitter, bank everything

However this still doesn't explain how they read my whatsapp messages real time??

IS there any where to detect oif they still have the software on my phone or have access to my gmail account?

Thanks

Much Love!!

Are you connected to the WiFi at your work when these messages are sent? If so, potentially they could be able to decrypt the messages sent over their network and read them. I'm not sure how secure WhatsApp is considered to be though, so I don't know how feasible it is that they can do that.

If you are using their WiFi, avoid doing so for a while to see if the problem continues.

If you're worried about someone having access to your Google account, enable 2-factor authentication and then change the password.

If the problem persists, factory reset your phone (or do so anyway if it's not too inconvenient).

Last edited:
I wouldnt think a normal minded employer would go out the way to spy on personal devices.. plus thats illegal with a court judgement.

Are you sure its not your work phone? and you dont want to say..

If its your workphone, employers can monitor nearly everything on it which is why you should only use for "work".

Like Yami said, if your on there wifi, its possible to gather traffic, but again its alot of work..

He could of gained access to your device and installed spyware..

What makes you think he is spying? has he told you, is there proof? maybe he knows who your talking to and their telling him..

Like Yami said, you're most likely on their wifi - and usually companies have a packet inspector / filter along with their firewall that will inspect packets if they're unencrypted (not sure if WhatsApp sends messages in cleartext or not).

I wouldnt think a normal minded employer would go out the way to spy on personal devices.. plus thats illegal with a court judgement.
That depends on where you are. AFAIK, in the UK and US if you are using your employer's network, any data sent over that network belongs to them. I'm not as up to speed on the topic as I used to be.

1. Are you connected to the WiFi at your work when these [FONT=&quot]messages are sent?[/FONT] Its an independent company with 30-40 people and one tech guy as far as I'm aware the company did not have a Wifi network, however my phone is always set on looking for a secure connection, unless they created it just for me

2. No it is my personal phone.
3. I wouldn't think a normal minded employer would go out the way to spy on personal devices?
Sales company, you can get away with openly swearing in the office as this makes people more comfortable to get on the phones...Thing is they either had a grudge against me, someone twisted things and has made me look bad, or I know something which they wouldn't have wanted to leak elsewhere, i wont get into that unless i really have to

4.He could of gained access to your device and installed spyware..

How long would that take? I think in that time frame I left my phone left alone for a max of 5 mins, plus i got a password on it

5. What makes you think he is spying? Has he told you, is there proof? Maybe he knows who you're talking to and their telling him..
I spoke to about 15 people that day and every time they responded they reacted to it in real time,:

Eg i joined a group i heard them say he joined a new group

that cant have been coincidence, I heard them tell the tech guy to turn it off at one point, i heard them mumble about data protection, i could feel it in the air something was wrong, just by the way people were approaching it
I'm 50/50 on this topic: i logged out my Gmail on their computers around 12 noon that day, however my last activity when i check on Google accounts was around 5.30
Plus I think there was activity from a city out of the one i was in my Gmail account, so they could have signed in using a VPN? I'm 50/50 on this ill double check

So either:
I was right they were spying on me

A series number of coincidences, which is one in a million

Or I was losing it, I'd take this with a pinch of salt as the amount of time i spent trying to figure me out had made me mentally unstable slightly

I can't actually think of anywhere in the world where this is true. - almost EVERY company anywhere in the world uses logon manager disclaimers and IT policy that says that they can and sometimes will monitor what you are doing.

sales company
Especially important where valuable leads can easily leak out the door,
information that you could fit onto a post-it could mean you giving a competitor a million dollar contract.

is your whatsapp tied to your google account?

From what you've described it sounds like you've left a computer signed in, or they have somehow figured out your password. so no high tech hacking, just shoulder surfing or something.
(and weirdly whilst I think that intercepting data on their network would *not* be illegal. logging in *as you* with *your* password would be *unauthorized access* and illegal.)

- basically, just change your passwords. maybe don't log in at work.

I can't actually think of anywhere in the world where this is true. - almost EVERY company anywhere in the world uses logon manager disclaimers and IT policy that says that they can and sometimes will monitor what you are doing.

Especially important where valuable leads can easily leak out the door,
information that you could fit onto a post-it could mean you giving a competitor a million dollar contract.

is your whatsapp tied to your google account?

From what you've described it sounds like you've left a computer signed in, or they have somehow figured out your password. so no high tech hacking, just shoulder surfing or something.
(and weirdly whilst I think that intercepting data on their network would *not* be illegal. logging in *as you* with *your* password would be *unauthorized access* and illegal.)

- basically, just change your passwords. maybe don't log in at work.

I know all company's can monitor, but he has said his employer, not the IT guy. plus he has now said around 10 people are aware of it and gossip... so it sounds less of monitoring and more of a direct attack on a user with some cort of tool. So the boss may be an *** and wanted to pick on him..

It sounds like its just whatsapp and not all traffic, so must have some sort of app that can see a users activity (I know facebook use to have one until they shut it down).

bushido -

if you got an android, alot of hacks and spyware is possible on it, but they would need longer than 5min.

You would know if your on the wifi as youd have to connect to it yourself, so you must be on your own 3g /4g so if this is true, they must have an app or whatsapp has a bug or maybe there is just an option to show your activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulezero

"I can't actually think of anywhere in the world where this is true. - almost EVERY company anywhere in the world uses logon manager disclaimers and IT policy that says that they can and sometimes will monitor what you are doing."

Even on my personal android?

"is your whatsapp tied to your google account?"
yes it was at the time, ive disconnected it for the time being, and if they had it hacked if i was to log in to fb or something would they have access to my account or password, or could they read my text messages, as i think having gmail synchronized gives them access to that

like i said i changed my password and logged out around 12 noon, im 90% sure of this, however my last activity for the day was 5.35, so either i didnt sign out or somehow with key logging or if my passwords saved to the serve they got into my account

However that still doesn't explain how they real time read my whats app messages from my personal phone...as they have no Wifi network

it really is mind boggling... especially when people on this forum cant figure it out, i do remember them saying to the tech guy to 'turn it off' and 'leave your thing on', so there must have been some software

if its just an app to show my activity, does that mean they cant independently browse though my messages, save my backed up data or save my messages, they can just monitor my activity

Also is there anyway to detect the spyware on my phone and delete it, or even better track it as evidence?

Back
Top Bottom