What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

An unplanned purchase of new front struts for my car.

Who needs Christmas money anyway?

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I just bought a Canon RC-6 Wireless Remote Shutter Release Controller and (2) spare batteries for my Canon Rebel T1i. I also picked up a 100 pk. of Verbatium DVD+R and another Arctic Cooling Freezer Xtreme Plus VGA Cooler for my 2nd GTX480
:thumbsup:

$5 Touchdown Volcano Box from Taco Bell on the way home. Not bad, but it needed more heat.

another 2 hours with my tattoo artist on my left shoulder. Yes. I am in a lot of pain.
And while i was there, I think I found the tattoo that i might get for my left arm.

An Oracle of Shadow & Light Deck (simular thing to tarot cards)

Cyborg F.L.Y 5 Joystick and Flight Simulator X. It was from PC World and i got majorly ripped off, and i knew it, but it was just one of those impulse buys as i had a real bad urge to play some flight sim when i got home. Turns out Flight Sim X is pretty bad, lame graphics, even lamer performance (It's actually diabolically bad), a terrible interface too. I mean you crash and you just get the words CRASHED wrote across your screen. No ****, i can see myself. It's like playing something from the early nineties. It wasn't even very realistic either. So i downloaded the X-Plane 9 demo. MUCH better, but still not perfect. It felt a bit more realistic, as you could set it to show actual modeling of the airflow and stuff. It was pretty simplistic, but its the only simulator available to consumers to simulate air flow in real time. Every other game uses some scripted code. It felt pretty good though. I liked how you could fly into space, fly NASA Shuttles and everything in between. It was quite funny though, i was flying a Boeing 737 and decided to do a barrel roll and my wing snapped off :p ended badly. very.

And then i bought IL-2 1946 off Steam. Now we're talking, for an old game the graphics arn't half bad. The crashes are actually really quite good, i was impressed. In fact crashing is one of the funniest parts. Great fun, i'd recommend it.

I went on a bit of a shopping spree at GameStop a couple days ago.

PS3 320GB w/Move Bundle
PlayStation-3-320GB-model-box.png

Little Big Planet w/bonus controller
p3%20ds3%20bundle%20lbp.jpg

And because I don't feel like getting any more images:

GAMES:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Final Fantasy XIII
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Katamari Forever
Super Street Fighter 4
Dynasty Warriors 6
God of War III
GTA IV
Mini Ninjas

ACCESSORIES:
Extra USB Controller Charger
HDMI Cable (hated spending that much but I had no other ones handy.)

Also placed an order at Amazon the same day:

2x 6.5ft HDMI 1.4a cables (Ethernet, Audio Return, 3D)

NDS/GBA SP Home Charger (magically lost mine...)
41YPJAhDk3L.jpg

NDS/GBA SP Car Charger
41HOh9J6IfL.jpg

Scott Pilgrim vs The World Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital Copy Bundle
6137V8loVyL.jpg

Other than that, just today I donated $25 to my friend's brother's film project for his senior thesis...the premise looks interesting, and you get some cool stuff, so donate if you want as well:

The Donors

Hikari GIMME GIMME GIMME is that a microphone with the ps3 movie bundle or does the new metal gear solid require you to blow up a balloon whilst killing all the bad guys.

Back
Top Bottom