What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Did you at least try to unlock the other two cores?

Trotter.....I'd hope from my posts you'd gather I wouldn't skip something like that hahaha. That's the reason I purchased this CPU and motherboard (ASUS M4A88T-M). Unfortunately, I've had no such luck yet. I'm really just tinkering right now, I'm at 3.8GHZ. Running @ the stock 3.2Ghz I've had no such luck unlocking either of the cores using the "Press 4 to unlock more cores" or whatever it says at the start up screen as well as doing the steps in BIOS myself. I've left the voltage set to auto with both methods. The only other option I can think of would be to set the voltage closer to 1.4 and see if that helps... other than that I don't think I got the CPU I was hoping for :(

Actually bought this on like Friday but forgot to post it, fallout New Vegas, preloaded it Friday, and am gonna play it when i get home from work.

This just came:
(and some tubing)
006vv.jpg

Trotter.....I'd hope from my posts you'd gather I wouldn't skip something like that hahaha. That's the reason I purchased this CPU and motherboard (ASUS M4A88T-M). Unfortunately, I've had no such luck yet. I'm really just tinkering right now, I'm at 3.8GHZ. Running @ the stock 3.2Ghz I've had no such luck unlocking either of the cores using the "Press 4 to unlock more cores" or whatever it says at the start up screen as well as doing the steps in BIOS myself. I've left the voltage set to auto with both methods. The only other option I can think of would be to set the voltage closer to 1.4 and see if that helps... other than that I don't think I got the CPU I was hoping for :(

With my Asus, you go into the BIOS, find ACC and set it to "All Cores", and you are done. I am actually running my wife's x3 445 unlocked to a x4 B40 right now as I discovered that the memory controller on my 965 is screwed :). I had been running single channel since August due to a misprint int he manual, went to do a RAM review and discovered that I can't boot with anything in slots 2 or 4. Works fine with her CPU, though.

With my Asus, you go into the BIOS, find ACC and set it to "All Cores", and you are done. I am actually running my wife's x3 445 unlocked to a x4 B40 right now as I discovered that the memory controller on my 965 is screwed :). I had been running single channel since August due to a misprint int he manual, went to do a RAM review and discovered that I can't boot with anything in slots 2 or 4. Works fine with her CPU, though.

Lame! bummer for the 965. Yup, I've tried that, the simplest way possible, but I get nothing, even setting the Vcore to 1.39. BUT, the oddest thing happens. I can turn on ACC and enable unleashing mode, turn off the 2nd core, turn on the 3rd, reboot and have a dual core? After that happened I turned on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th core, and got into Windows. the BIOS, CPU-Z, Windows, Everest, and my CPU monitoring widget tells me I have a Phenom II X4, but Everest, CPU-Z, and Prime 95 all tell me I've got two cores. I'm still trying to go over all my options, it's the weirdest thing.

CPU-Z tells me I have a Phenom II x4 B35, as does Everest Ultimate.

Ya, I really don't understand it at all. Some programs tell me I have a quad core like CPU-Z, but then tells me I only have two cores and two threads at the bottom right. Then Prime95 starts up and detects two cores. My CPU widget still shows two cores, then says its a Phenom II X4 (something) at the top, as does my BIOS. Either I have unlocked the other cores and some programs just can't read the unlocked cores, or something in my BIOS reads four cores mistakingly and software that reads my BIOS readings goes with that, I'm not sure, but I'm going with the latter. Because if they were unlocked, a program should detect all the cores, like Prime95.

EDIT- And add to that, Core Temp only sees one core even with ACC off. If I can't figure all of this out by tomorrow morning I'm starting a thread, this is weird.

Quick snap at 8pm with my crappy 3gs camera :p
I'll take some pics of the install when I do it with my Canon 450D

edit: also, forgot to say I bought this:
Vividwireless.jpg

I've got myself a nice little array of tickets now :D. I have Metallica/Lamb of God this Saturday, Ice Cube the Friday after, Megadeth and a bunch of other bands in a festival in December and Iron Maiden/Slayer/Slash/Primus/Queens of the Stoneage/Stone Sour/Rob Zombie/Dimmu Borgir and a ton of others all in one festival next year!

Back
Top Bottom