What You've Just Bought!

After months of waiting I was finally able to get my hands on a 3080 Ti
I know I know I should have just bought a 3080, but it's what was in stock :lol:

Also need to pick up a new PSU for it... My current one is 600W, bought a Corsair SF750.
Here's to hoping it actually fits in my Dan case. Reports say it does, but we'll see.

I know I know I should have just bought a 3080, but it's what was in stock :lol:

Also need to pick up a new PSU for it... My current one is 600W, bought a Corsair SF750.
Here's to hoping it actually fits in my Dan case. Reports say it does, but we'll see.
I've got some tin snips just in case it gets to be a tight fit for ya!

The more I read the less I'm sure it will fit :( can't decide if I want to cancel (or give to my brother) the GPU or just buy a new case. I like the Dan A4 and how small it is, but if it's going to limit me like this I'd just rather get a new case :tongue:

I've been in line for a new GPU since Feb, I highly doubt I'll be able to get one this year at this rate.

^ tell me about it. I've been shopping almost daily for months now.

Also after reading the CORRECT GPU model (these names are ridiculous...) it seems like my card WILL fit :thumbsup:

GeForce RTX 3080 Ti XC3 ULTRA

^ tell me about it. I've been shopping almost daily for months now.

Also after reading the CORRECT GPU model (these names are ridiculous...) it seems like my card WILL fit :thumbsup:

GeForce RTX 3080 Ti XC3 ULTRA
I'm an Elite Member and have been on the waiting list for 7 different eVGA models and nothing. It's been so long I don't even care anymore.

Had to wait about 2 weeks after launch for mine. To be fair to scan.co.uk, they had a pretty good preorder reservation system and rang me to offer a different card than i'd ordered that came in earlier. And it's noway near fast enough to deliver my 4k 120fps RTX ON dreams. (n) Roll on RTX 4080.

Bought AirPods Max... again. I bought them previously and returned them as I found them too sibilant for music, the spatial audio was great but didn't support Apple TV at the time so I didn't see the point - I was hardly gonna watch films on my iPhone. Well anyway, as of tvOS 15 they have enabled spatial audio for AirPods Max, so I picked them up again. They work great, I really enjoy them for films. It's damn impressive how well they mimic a good home theatre Atmos system. Ideally I would just have an Atmos enabled home theatre setup, but I live in a terraced house with a neighbour that has a baby on the other side of the wall, so no loud sound system for me.

Last edited:
Had to wait about 2 weeks after launch for mine. To be fair to scan.co.uk, they had a pretty good preorder reservation system and rang me to offer a different card than i'd ordered that came in earlier. And it's noway near fast enough to deliver my 4k 120fps RTX ON dreams. (n) Roll on RTX 4080.
Tbf they never advertised that with even the 3090. Only way I could see doing high frame rate 4k with RTX on is performance mode DLSS.

Back
Top Bottom