What You've Just Bought!

On topic, bought a resin 3D printer. This is gonna be interesting. Always wanted a 3D printer but never liked the low (comparatively) print quality of regular printers. $300 for the printer, a UV light, some resin, some gloves, some 99% alcohol, and a few other things. Dipping my toes into the water here.

Eh, you'll probably be fine. I'm waiting for Alder.

How is Alder Lake looking ? gone are the days where I am willing to spend days/weeks reading all the latest PC component news. I just go to trusted sources to ask whats best lol. I really want a new CPU and Mobo that supports DDR5 and Pci-e 4.0. I heard some good rumors on Alder Lake but nothing more.

How is Alder Lake looking ? gone are the days where I am willing to spend days/weeks reading all the latest PC component news. I just go to trusted sources to ask whats best lol. I really want a new CPU and Mobo that supports DDR5 and Pci-e 4.0. I heard some good rumors on Alder Lake but nothing more.
I'm 50/50 on it. My original issue was scheduling but Intel is implementing a hardware level controller that handles specific ISA level scheduling for P vs E cores. Since it's Golden Cove on the performance cores and the Gracemont cores are higher IPC than Skylake with 40% more efficiency it's shaping up to be real good. My only real concern is that it looks good on paper and preliminary benchmarks, but how is it going to work in the real world.

Also it'll be DDR5 and PCI-E 5.

I'm 50/50 on it. My original issue was scheduling but Intel is implementing a hardware level controller that handles specific ISA level scheduling for P vs E cores. Since it's Golden Cove on the performance cores and the Gracemont cores are higher IPC than Skylake with 40% more efficiency it's shaping up to be real good. My only real concern is that it looks good on paper and preliminary benchmarks, but how is it going to work in the real world.

Also it'll be DDR5 and PCI-E 5.
Hmm i’ll defo keep an eye on it then. Sucky thing will be that if you dont get your order in on minute one of preorders you’ll be waiting six months to get another opportunity.

Hmm i’ll defo keep an eye on it then. Sucky thing will be that if you dont get your order in on minute one of preorders you’ll be waiting six months to get another opportunity.
Maybe the first few weeks but Intel has their own fab so they aren't in competition with other chips to roll out stock. The boards might be a different story but you can't mine on these so I doubt it'll be an issue.

Maybe the first few weeks but Intel has their own fab so they aren't in competition with other chips to roll out stock. The boards might be a different story but you can't mine on these so I doubt it'll be an issue.

True. I hope the timing is good... I already gotta pay for the iPhone 13 Pro Max soon, and Steam Deck in december. Eurgh.

I could wait a bit on the iPhone 13, but the lag on my 11 pro is getting a bit annoying. Maybe i'll resell my steam deck for the $$$.

True. I hope the timing is good... I already gotta pay for the iPhone 13 Pro Max soon, and Steam Deck in december. Eurgh.

I could wait a bit on the iPhone 13, but the lag on my 11 pro is getting a bit annoying. Maybe i'll resell my steam deck for the $$$.
I have a feeling these issues aren't the phone itself considering the problems I'm having on an iPhone 12 Pro.

Back
Top Bottom