What You've Just Bought!

Thank you. I cleaned the volume, bass, treble, A-B switches and the selector pots with some MG Nu-Trol brand control cleaner. I decided that the Deoxit was too expensive for what it does. I think it does sound better after I cleaned the pots and I'm happy with how everything turned out. For only kicking out 27watts per channel on the old amp it sounds good (to me).

Last edited:
Well since the Bitcoin funds are freed up I got myself a 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus. The 960 EVO is still fine, but the incoming SSD in my NAS is starting to have active blips indicating it's probably going to die soon. Instead of spending the money to get a lower grade smaller SSD figured I'd just upgrade my personal and put the EVO in the NAS.

Well since the Bitcoin funds are freed up I got myself a 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus. The 960 EVO is still fine, but the incoming SSD in my NAS is starting to have active blips indicating it's probably going to die soon. Instead of spending the money to get a lower grade smaller SSD figured I'd just upgrade my personal and put the EVO in the NAS.
Nice SSD. I want one but i'm not bothering yet. Im still interested to see how the PC SSD vs custom SSD in the next gen consoles play out. Especially the PS5s which is supposed to have all sorts of custom shit in it to make it really good.

Kind of hoping PCs will do what they always do and will just quickly brute force their advantage over a console. 7GB/s+ PC SSD > PS5/XSX SSD ? hopefully.

Nice SSD. I want one but i'm not bothering yet. Im still interested to see how the PC SSD vs custom SSD in the next gen consoles play out. Especially the PS5s which is supposed to have all sorts of custom shit in it to make it really good.

Kind of hoping PCs will do what they always do and will just quickly brute force their advantage over a console. 7GB/s+ PC SSD > PS5/XSX SSD ? hopefully.
The PS5 only has 2 advantages. 12 channel controller, hardware decoder. It's still a 5GB/s SSD besides that and PCs already should have Directstorage by the end of the year (and Nvidia's dumb RTX I/O). A last gen PCI-E4 NVMe SSD can do what they do, and the Xbox's SSD is nothing more than a bog standard NVMe drive. When we mix fast SSD + Directstorage + Resizeable BAR we win lol.

Bticoin funds cleared up?

Back
Top Bottom