What gets banned exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Gaara, why woudl you say such a thing? You need to pay a fee to have a static IP from your ISP. They have dynamic for many reasons. The major one being so that they can get as many people online as possible.

However as Him said, sometimes you need to wait an hour to get a new IP

gaara said:

Either way anyone can bypass an IP ban with a proxy, but you have to be really sad to continue to reregister on a forum

Sad like DiabloII sad (for anandtech), or sad like the nubius hating person?

Yeah, before I had cable, the only broadband provider I had was wireless, which had a static IP and ran 256Kbps down/64Kbps up for $85. I think it was the static IP I was paying for, not the bandwidth. I do know SBC charges a hefty fee for a static IP as well, and my ISP, Cox charges $70 per month if you want a static IP instead of $40 per month for dynamic. Make sure you know what you are saying before you post, gaara.

my ISP gives us a static IP that will be the same for months then all of a sudden I've got a new IP.

Believe the word you're looking for is 'touche'

DJ-CHRIS said:
However as Him said, sometimes you need to wait an hour to get a new IP

Sad like DiabloII sad (for anandtech), or sad like the nubius hating person?

haha i didn't register again to post there, i registered again to spam even more :D

Nubius said:
my ISP gives us a static IP that will be the same for months then all of a sudden I've got a new IP.

Believe the word you're looking for is 'touche'

DCHP server did not release your IP, same thing goes for LAN's

I am sure u guys know the advantages of IP pooling (for the provider). That's why we typically tend to get varied IP addresses over time.

Static IP's typically tend to cost extra. Some companies lease bandwidth from bigger companies and then give you a static IP for the same price pretty much. Of course, the service and other "stuff" you get from the bigger provider is obviously truncated down.

ways to combat the people with dynamic IP's is to ban MAC addresses (can be spoofed)

And also to ban by IP subnets
ie: 34.23.64.***
(wildcard)

um. banning the subnet is a terrible idea. There might be a lot of people on the same subnet who goes to TF. When I say "a lot" I mean like 3 :p..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom