What does 3G mean in cell phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have.... Well **** I have NO clue, but my cell phone says Cell One, even though they where all bought out... Had a crappy samsung phone, got **** poor reception at my new place, got a nice new sony ericsson and I have had full service... A lot of the time, it just depends on the actual cell phone you have...

I have.... Well **** I have NO clue, but my cell phone says Cell One, even though they where all bought out... Had a crappy samsung phone, got **** poor reception at my new place, got a nice new sony ericsson and I have had full service... A lot of the time, it just depends on the actual cell phone you have...
That is true also. I had a junk generic phone with T-Mobile and moved up to the Razr when it first came out. I am on a Razr2 now.

I have AT&T with an iPhone 3G. There is a big difference between the 2G and 3G speeds. But I don't have many bars where I live so thats the bad thing. It is also expensive for unlimited 3G internet ($30 each month I prefer wasting that money on the comcast bill 16Mbps for $50 i think each month :)).

On the continent T Mobile is king both in performance and price but in the UK they are in my experience expensive and un reliable.

In the UK the best mobile phone service is 02 without a doubt, the only place they are losing ground (along with every one else) is mobile broadband from 3 while every one else has a 2/3 gb allowance 3 has a 16gb package for home users and this is funny a 24gb business allowance for about 30 a month pricey yes but it's the better value provider for mobile broad band.

no lol 3g means the 3g network and not edge...
3G is the third generation of telecommunication hardware standards and general technology for mobile networking, superseding 2.5G. It is based on the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) family of standards under the IMT-2000.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-0">[1]</sup>
3G networks enable network operators to offer users a wider range of more advanced services while achieving greater network capacity through improved spectral efficiency. Services include wide-area wireless voice telephone, video calls, and broadband wireless data, all in a mobile environment. Additional features also include HSPA data transmission capabilities able to deliver data rates up to 14.4 Mbit/s on the downlink and 5.8 Mbit/s on the uplink.
Unlike IEEE 802.11 networks, which are commonly called Wi-Fi or WLAN networks, 3G networks are wide-area cellular telephone networks that evolved to incorporate high-speed Internet access and video telephony. IEEE 802.11 networks are short range, high-bandwidth networks primarily developed for data.

You should do research before you post...i never said anything about edge.

I hope he wasn't getting the EDGE from my post, because I clearly stated that it was the next step after EDGE...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom